Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Venting in-helmet amp speakers

• 7 Replies

xslim13x

• Haran Kar'taylir
Venting in-helmet amp speakers
« on: Apr 18, 2015, 02:52 PM »
For those of you Mercs using helmet mounted speakers, what have you found works best for venting your sound? I have seen numerous people who just cut slits into the cheeks over the speakers, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. I've also seen folks like Dresdon you have created small covers to fit over their sound vents, which to me seems a more aesthetically pleasing option for what I want to accomplish.

My question is, does anyone have any recommendations or tricks for getting a nice crisp sound using these methods? Does mounting a large speaker to the inside of the cheeks, with only some drilled holes or slits for the sound to escape cause any issues?

Also, I'm assuming that the speakers should likely be isolated somehow to prevent any feedback from something like an Uproar system or even the pickup mic for the voiceamp, which would be between the speakers?

For blood. For honor. For Mandalore.

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
Re: Venting in-helmet amp speakers
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2015, 09:20 PM »
I'm waiting for my helmet to be finished being repainted, but my plan is to vent it out the bottom, through the decorative ribbed tubing, as well as putting a few mics in that spot to bring sound back in.

xslim13x

• Haran Kar'taylir
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2015, 09:30 PM »
I'm waiting for my helmet to be finished being repainted, but my plan is to vent it out the bottom, through the decorative ribbed tubing, as well as putting a few mics in that spot to bring sound back in.
Interesting. I'm wondering if I could create a tilted housing for the speaker and let it vent out the bottom as well. Or if that would cause some weird reverb effect. Let me know how it works once you get it installed?

For blood. For honor. For Mandalore.

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2015, 09:55 PM »
I'll keep you posted, I'm running battery tests for the electronics while my helmet is painted. My first attempt...didn't turn out so good lol

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 07:55 AM »
Here's that update I promised vod, in 780p

JatneDan

• If it's still moving, check for a pulse.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2015, 08:44 AM »
Hino, where did you buy that speaker? Love the size.

Hino'fa Anch

• Order Up!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2015, 06:37 PM »
I bought it off Amazon, originally for a proton pack, however, I found a better one for helmets, especially if you use a resperator as parts inside to give it a realistic look

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UWD2YY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

JatneDan

• If it's still moving, check for a pulse.
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2015, 07:06 AM »
thank you much!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!