Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Okanagan Armour Party May 9th - Interest?

• 9 Replies

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
Okanagan Armour Party May 9th - Interest?
« on: Apr 29, 2015, 05:37 PM »
This isn't a regular Armour Party like the stickied thread is for, so I made a new thread.

Me and CamBedore are planning on doing an actual "work-on-armour" AP on May 9th, and were curious if anybody would be willing to make the trip down to join us?
At this point I'm only gauging interest, not commitment, because I have yet to nail down a place we could host it. I'm hoping my Uncle will let us use the compound at my summer camp since it's got tools and is a safe, neutral ground to do the work. However, if it's a no-go then we have nowhere to host all of us, thus the just checking interest.

So? Who thinks they would come to an Okanagan Armour Party?

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
Re: Okanagan Armour Party May 9th - Interest?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2015, 06:12 PM »
I'm not sure what the weather is like down on the coast but up here it is sunny and warm. Perfect barbecue weather! So the BBQ will definitely make an appearance for those of you who don't have much to work on but would like to just hangout

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2015, 06:17 PM »
Can you give us a town so I can get an idea of drive time?   In all likihood I won't make it but I want to.   Perhaps the MetroVan crew can carpool out...

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2015, 06:21 PM »
AH! Of course, location! :P That would be Westbank/West Kelowna, up in the Glenrosa area of town. Based on my numerous trips to the coast, if you drive the speed limit the whole way it's about 3 and a 1/2 to 4 hours, but better time can be made.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2015, 07:01 PM »
I don't know about quite that long it's only about 2-2.5 hrs to Abbotsford from kelowna I don't imagine it's much more than that to go from Vancouver to west kelowna I've made the trip from kelowna to van in about 3 hrs

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2015, 07:08 PM »
Google maps says 3.5-4 hours.   It would be a great drive for a weekend trip perhaps.  May be too soon after Celebration we have a lot of work and bills to get caught up on.   Plan one in the summer and we'll make it a trip for sure though

Late Crusader WIP

« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2015, 07:35 PM »
My starship must just be able to do the coquihalla run I under 12 parsecs then  :P

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 12:30 AM »
A very successful first armour party up here in the okanagan Serim and I got some great work done. Serim was a huge help heres a few pictures of the work we got done! Serim didn't have a whole lot to work on so lucky for me he was more than willing to work on some of my stuff!

I brought an old car hood that was in the scrap metal bin and got a few armour plates cut out of it!

A huge thank you to Serim for all his help and providing a great place to work! Can't wait to do it again and hopefully get some fellas from the coast up to join and maybe we will be able to make it down there soon too!

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 04:15 AM »
I just really hope those screws stay in them cannons! :P It was pretty fun, though, even if I didn't really do anything :rolleyes: Definitely an interesting first armour party

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 11:08 AM »
Sweet.   Glad to hear it!   I'm up in Prince George for the weekend.   I got conscripted into the Imperial forces on Wednesday to troop with them at the first annual Northern Fan Con here and it has been a BLAST.   Busy as all hell but fun.  Invasion Report coming Tuesday most likely.

Late Crusader WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!