Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

ee3 scratch build and blaster

• 7 Replies
ee3 scratch build and blaster
« on: May 02, 2015, 01:36 AM »
hello ...my original plan was a boba fett build so thought id start with the ee3 blaster ....my first attempt at anything like this ...but it is getting there ....mainly built from mdf ,cardboard ,pvc pipe and anything else lying around . built from Wof webley templates

slowly getting there ....just need to improve the weathering ...all part of the learning curve

Redness

• Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun.
  • Awards 40% increase or more
Re: first wip ee3 scratch build
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 01:20 PM »
If that's your first try, then I gotta say you have some amazing skill, vod! Great job!

MMCC #1529
M.A.B.E.L. #065
#1 Armor WIP
#2 Verpine WIP
#3 Jodo Kast WIP

Nirob

• What doesn't kill me dies.
  • Awards 40% increase or more Order of the Ori'Ramikad Force Hunter Brigade Member Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 04:23 AM »
Impressive skills.

Talos Kot

• Cry Havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war !
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Apr 23, 2018, 04:55 PM »
few mods to the gun since my last post on here ...mainly a new scope and the right sort of cone on the end of the blaster ... the bleach bottle cap I used original always bugged me ....have a few more plans as I want to try and get a textured grip made and some greeblies

but this is how she is now looking ....new scope was a lucky find on amazon and cost me £8 and of course is mounted the wrong way round

Re: westar 35 blaster
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 03:29 AM »
not sure if this is counts as a double post ...really hope not as was hoping to keep all blaster builds on one thread
finally got started on build my Westar ... had to redraw the template as tried some I had found and they all seemed a little bit small and tight around the trigger area .
Wanted to keep that classic style but tweak it a little with some elements of the 3d printed ones I had seen on here.
cut-out 4 layers of 5mm Foamex using the computer router at work which was learning curve as the vacuum bed wasn't great at holding it resulting in a chip out of one of the corners .... decide to go with using it and make it a little feature rather than cut another layer ...sandwiched them all together ...had removed the trigger area on the outer two layers rather than cutting a trigger and sticking it in ...all nice and solid

added a barrel from a door spacer I had floating around at work and some detail to the top using some old keyboard keys . Was happy how the broken courner looked ,so went with that battle damaged look ... drilled the handle and grips and stuck in some pop rivets to give it that riveted look ,was handy for lining the grips up in the right place as well  ... added some paint and was happy withhow it all came out

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: ee3 scratch build and blaster
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 09:55 PM »
These are pretty slick, Vod!  That EE-3 is awesome!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!