Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bringing sound into buckets

• 8 Replies

Jasand

Bringing sound into buckets
« on: May 07, 2015, 12:36 PM »

Hey all!

I was looking at the systems used to mic outside sound into one's bucket, and I was hoping I could get some assistance with parts.  I see the "Uproar" system on the boards, but that thread is more or less dead and doesn't seem like a viable option for the near future.  I like the stereo setup and was hoping to get some advice on making my own kit.  Are there sound boards out there for a kit like this?  I tried googling "uproar", and get record labels or something out of Minnesota.  I know some of you practically live on the adafruit site, is there something I could use there?

The wiring, mics, batteries, and speakers, I think I can get a handle on, but the brain of the thing is a bit of a poser for me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Fi-8015

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Bringing sound into buckets
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 01:19 PM »
If you are able to solder look for the Velleman Super Stereo Ear Kit, easy to build and quite cheap.

Helmets for Sale in the Trading Station

electriFi - Mando Electronics English / German

Kuu

• As Haran Mhi Nu'Lise' - Ja'haili' Ni
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 02:25 PM »
I use the Velleman in my bucket, be sure you spray it with a Conformal Spray or similar - 6 months of trooping did a number on my contacts (heavy corrosion due to the saltwater swamp that is my bucket)  :laugh:

| aka "Matt R." | Helpful Stuff |Facebook | VRCA #053 | M.V.S. #10 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #77 | S.P.A.R.C.K. #2 | OM: Sept. 20, 2014

Jasand

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 04:02 PM »
Awesome!  You guys rock!  Thanks!

Kuu

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 04:53 PM »
Just to be sure though - My wife got an Uproar fall of last year - so you might want to just PM the guy, just to see what the wait time etc. is

| aka "Matt R." | Helpful Stuff |Facebook | VRCA #053 | M.V.S. #10 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #77 | S.P.A.R.C.K. #2 | OM: Sept. 20, 2014

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 06:19 PM »
Buy this if you know how to solder, and are familiar with electronics:
http://www.electronics123.com/shop/product/super-stereo-ear-kit-4953?search=stereo

I have one, and it does what it needs to without breaking the bank.

CAT #0960
M5SP #9     |     B.E.A.R.D.S #73

Recon Wip

Jasand

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 11:07 AM »

Long story with the uproar.  Short version is he doesn't seem to be answering anyone's PMs, direct emails, or Paypal communications.

Thanks for the link!!  These products are super helpful! 

Kuu

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 11:38 AM »
Gotcha. Well the Velleman kit works

I also found this (same site as above) - http://www.electronics123.com/shop/product/super-stereo-ear-kit-assembled-4954?category=323

You'd need to unsolder the microphones and put them at the end of leads but if you're not comfortable soldering that might be a good starting point.

EDIT: Or just leave the microphones on the board and drop it in a pouch or something I guess.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 11:41 AM by Kuu » Logged

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 06:31 PM »
Gotcha. Well the Velleman kit works

I also found this (same site as above) - http://www.electronics123.com/shop/product/super-stereo-ear-kit-assembled-4954?category=323

You'd need to unsolder the microphones and put them at the end of leads but if you're not comfortable soldering that might be a good starting point.

EDIT: Or just leave the microphones on the board and drop it in a pouch or something I guess.

This is same link I posted above. It's like half the price if you buy the kit.

CAT #0960
M5SP #9     |     B.E.A.R.D.S #73

Recon Wip

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!