Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

hi!

• 9 Replies

Echo9

hi!
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:39 PM »
Hi there! My name's Dani and I'm from Vancouver Island and I'm about to start working on my first mando kit! I'm hoping to have it done in time for PAX in August :)

Hope I can get to meet some of you and do some more local events as well.
There's some members of the 501st in my community but I thought it would be more fun to create my own character.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: hi!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 05:56 PM »
Hey Dani.    We have a few recruits out on the island, get in touch with McCrex and Tylek Ren in particular as they are trying to meet up on a somewhat regular basis to get work done, and The Red Mandaloriam is an Official Member out your way as well. Other than that, post what you have here, start a "Work In Progress" thread and get tips, advice, corrections, etc.   Any particular questions right now or just dropping in?

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Echo9

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 07:44 PM »
Thanks :) well.. I finally found the right cardboard and I've printed the templates for the helmet. I've also bought a sheet of sintra for the armour. Once I get started I'll post a work in progress thread. Would that be in this forum?  Or in the other one?

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 08:01 PM »
You could do your WIP on the Armor Planning board.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2015, 06:00 PM »
Hi Dani! Welcome to the Mercs! ;D My name's Luc, I'm down in the Okanagan. I'll be keeping an eye out for your build!

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #5 on: Jun 03, 2015, 01:38 PM »
Hello Dani,

I too am from Vancouver Island, if you are interested in finding some time to discuss some ideas and the like, feel free to PM me. Mc and I are both sort of mid island, so if you are nearby we should be able to find a way to get together. I have all the tools as well as copious amounts of sintra if that is the way you plan on going with your armour.

That all said, welcome!!

First Kit - Early Crusader - In Progress: Bondo Helmet, Page 4
Other First Kit - Modern - In Progress:
Hard Parts and Soft Parts updated 25/04/16

Echo9

« Reply #6 on: Jun 08, 2015, 03:52 PM »
I'm actually in Courtenay :) I've already bought a large sheet of sintra so I'm covered there. Just bought some scrub pants the other day so I'm just about ready to post my in progress thread. I don't have a ton of dollars so I'll be making  my bucket. I think that's why I've procrastinated a bit lol

Also I'm on the production team for InCON Family gaming convention happening in courtenay August 8th and 9th so would love to see a bunch of us geared up there! The local 501st is already planning on being there :)
Would love to do an armor party at some point

« Reply #7 on: Jun 08, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Hey Dani, just a skip away up in CR, and that is awesome that you already have your sintra, which thickness did you manage to get? As for finances and the like, I completely understand and if you have the materials and/or have a good source on them, they most certainly can be cheaper... plus motivation to finish off my scratch builds. ;) Anyways, I am always up for an armor party. It looks like we have at least one more who may be interested in one up in this direction.

If people have family/spouses then I am sure that we could get turn it into a pot-luck/BBQ thing as well. I have a large carport as well as plenty of tools and various bits and pieces if people were interested in travelling this way, otherwise I've got plenty of totes to bring stuff down. Either way. :)

Cheers!

First Kit - Early Crusader - In Progress: Bondo Helmet, Page 4
Other First Kit - Modern - In Progress:
Hard Parts and Soft Parts updated 25/04/16

Echo9

« Reply #8 on: Jun 16, 2015, 01:45 AM »
okie dokie.. posted my planning thread here :)

« Reply #9 on: Jul 15, 2015, 10:48 PM »
hello echo9

glad you joined us in this world of guns and amour. And general fun.

you can never have to many guns when you hunt

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!