Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

MMCCBCDBBQE!

• 51 Replies

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
Re: MMCCBCDBBQE!
« Reply #30 on: Jun 23, 2015, 02:38 PM »
Pff I'm a works at home mom. We're going camping around the 11th, that's why it's a no go. Pretty much any time is good for me, other than the first 2 weeks in July.  The August long weekend is just going to be murder for the ferries.

« Reply #31 on: Jun 23, 2015, 07:44 PM »
I say we walk across! But then, with all the kids and families, that's like a bajillion people crossing, does Zophar have a bus?

First Kit - Early Crusader - In Progress: Bondo Helmet, Page 4
Other First Kit - Modern - In Progress:
Hard Parts and Soft Parts updated 25/04/16

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #32 on: Jun 23, 2015, 08:33 PM »
We will arrange for rides from the ferry if the Island Krewe wants to walk on for sure.    I can take 4 in my car and if we need bigger we'll  burn that bridge when we come to it.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #33 on: Jul 01, 2015, 12:49 AM »
Alright, I'm nailing down the date.   I'll be in Keswick Park on Saturday, 1 August.  I hope you'll all join me :-P   I know I've changed things a few times, so please ping here if you can still make that date.

Islanders, we'll arrange a ride from the ferry so you don't have to take a car over.

Late Crusader WIP

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #34 on: Jul 07, 2015, 02:16 PM »
We are back on for the initial plan of 1 August

Can I get those who are interested in the BBQ on the 1st to ping me so I can make sure people are still interested after the dance we did over the date.   

I'll likely put up a sign-up sheet and make it a bring-your-own-grillables and a little something to share [bag of chips, salad, non-alcoholic beverages, etc]

Late Crusader WIP

bassplaya

• Nothing worth doing is easy
« Reply #35 on: Jul 07, 2015, 04:23 PM »
Ping

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #36 on: Jul 07, 2015, 04:28 PM »
you and the lady or just you?

Late Crusader WIP

bassplaya

• Nothing worth doing is easy
« Reply #37 on: Jul 08, 2015, 01:55 PM »
Gonna try and bring her out depends on her work, doesn't have a set schedule

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #38 on: Jul 25, 2015, 04:44 PM »
This is this coming Saturday, 1 August, at Keswick Park near Lougheed Station.    Again, I have a small charcoal grill which may not be even allowed given the burn ban, so if anyone has a propane grill that would be great.  Worst case, we've been meaning to upgrade to a small propane grill anyway and may swing by walmart and grab one.  It will be Bring-Your-Own-Protein so no one person gets saddled with the expensive part.

I set up a sign up sheet for side dishes.  Pick something listed or make a new entry, whatever works.  Not mandatory but I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.  There is a Safeway a block from the park so chips, drinks, etc can be picked up there on the way or we can wander over if we run out of anything.

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2015, 08:50 PM by Zophar Ptay » Logged
Late Crusader WIP

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #39 on: Jul 29, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Lets call it noon?  Does that work for most people?

Late Crusader WIP

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #40 on: Jul 30, 2015, 06:02 PM »
If anyone cares, the Walmart at Lougheed Mall has small bench-top propane grills for sale for $30.  Just picked one up

Late Crusader WIP

GardenGeek

« Reply #41 on: Jul 30, 2015, 11:59 PM »
Well- I'm coming. I'm going to be coming to the mainland tomorrow and staying the weekend. My SO is in Hope this weekend, so I'll be driving from there if anyone needs a lift from between Hope and the BBQ.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #42 on: Jul 31, 2015, 12:00 AM »
YAY!

Late Crusader WIP

« Reply #43 on: Jul 31, 2015, 12:41 AM »
Darn you, lady! Abandoned! Maybe I can sneak on the ferry in Sydney, while no one is paying attention. Want to come pick me up? (teasing)

First Kit - Early Crusader - In Progress: Bondo Helmet, Page 4
Other First Kit - Modern - In Progress:
Hard Parts and Soft Parts updated 25/04/16

GardenGeek

« Reply #44 on: Jul 31, 2015, 03:16 AM »
If you can get away- I'm sure someone would take pity on you to come pick you up  :rolleyes: Maybe.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!