Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Alternatives to flightsuits.

• 4 Replies

Syrafes

• (Si-Ra-Fes)
Alternatives to flightsuits.
« on: Jun 07, 2015, 04:40 AM »
So I'm interested in making a costume,  but being very short at 5'2" (and very slim too), I can't exactly find any websites that would have flightsuits that fit me.  So could anyone recommend any alternatives,  or better yet,  if you could link a website which would supply flightsuits or similar clothing that would suit my stature? As long as it would suit my height then it's fine,  tailoring? iloring  to compensate for my slimness can be done later. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
Re: Alternatives to flightsuits.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2015, 09:05 AM »
There are a few alternatives. 1) Scrubs.  Easy to find in almost any size and almost any color, as long as the top and bottom match (thus looking like one piece) you're good.  Just grab a second pair of pants and cut the legs off, sewing them into the short sleeved top (sew them inside the sleeves to get the double sleeved look that Boba and Jango have).  The other alternative is to look for coveralls (like from dickies) or get something custom made. 

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2015, 12:43 PM »
I am a big proponent of scrubs.  They comfortable, inexpensive, easily available and come in a wide variety of colors.

I wear a lab jacket top and tuck it into scrub pants.  The vest covers the buttons and I have a sash that covers the transition on the waist.  They're great for warm-weather troops and easy to maintain.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

mobcake

• "We Mando boys like to show we've been in action"
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2015, 01:51 PM »
I am a big proponent of scrubs.  They comfortable, inexpensive, easily available and come in a wide variety of colors.

I wear a lab jacket top and tuck it into scrub pants.  The vest covers the buttons and I have a sash that covers the transition on the waist.  They're great for warm-weather troops and easy to maintain.

Comfort is definitely a big factor when it comes to scrubs. They're lighter than a pair of coveralls or a flight suit and are much much cooler. I personally own a pair of coveralls and they are hot, like really hot. lol. So if you live in a warm weather area, scrubs can be a great alternative.

Syrafes

• (Si-Ra-Fes)
« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2015, 10:52 PM »
Alright,  thanks for the suggestions.  I guess using scrubs does make sense considering I live in Malaysia (hot weather all year round). Now I wonder if I can find any grey or khaki scrubs anywhere......

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!