Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Just got a mic and aker amp but...

• 9 Replies

Viking Goldfish

• Yo soy wampa!
Just got a mic and aker amp but...
« on: Jun 19, 2015, 03:25 AM »
Ok so I just got an Aker 1505 and the headset. I love the sound but how do I get it to be voice activaited instead of staying open all the time. When I breath, all you can hear is chubby guy breathing sounds. And I do not want to have to use a push to talk at all. When I install the fans I got, I do not want it to pick up the sound of them either.

Me "Mom why was 6 afraid of 7?" Mom "Why would a number be afraid of another number?" Me "Because 7, 8, 9!" Mom leaves with a blank look on her face.

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
Re: Just got a mic and aker amp but...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2015, 08:01 AM »
I think you have to buy something separate in order to get the Aker to go from always on to voice-activated. 

Get on the Google and search for iCOMM (they've closed out several of those links from my workplace so I can't post anything directly right now) and you may find what you're looking for.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medic Brigade
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Viking Goldfish

• Yo soy wampa!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2015, 10:54 AM »
Ahhh the iCOMM I have seen that. I thought it was just a static burst machine. Thank you!

Me "Mom why was 6 afraid of 7?" Mom "Why would a number be afraid of another number?" Me "Because 7, 8, 9!" Mom leaves with a blank look on her face.

Kuu

• As Haran Mhi Nu'Lise' - Ja'haili' Ni
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2015, 12:14 PM »
Throat mic?

This link provided as example, can probably find cheaper:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ELBJHI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

| aka "Matt R." | Helpful Stuff |Facebook | VRCA #053 | M.V.S. #10 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #77 | S.P.A.R.C.K. #2 | OM: Sept. 20, 2014

Viking Goldfish

• Yo soy wampa!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2015, 12:25 PM »
I was weary of getting one. How is the sound quality of one of those?

Zechs

• Overkill is underrated
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jun 20, 2015, 02:42 PM »
I tried using throat mics when I played airsoft.  TBH- they suck.  IF you could hear someone, it was either garbled or sounded like they were talking from 2 miles away.  Not really good when you're taking fire :laugh:

AKA "Lightning Rod"

"Heh.  You survived?  I can fix that."

MMCC #1082
BOMB #41
MABEL #54
ALUMINATI #28

Kuu

• As Haran Mhi Nu'Lise' - Ja'haili' Ni
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2015, 12:59 PM »
Just FYI, the above Throat mic in an Aker works fine - loud and clear with minimal distortion at the "beside the adam's apple" position.

Reposted here:
Califone Neck Microphone for M319 Beltpack

| aka "Matt R." | Helpful Stuff |Facebook | VRCA #053 | M.V.S. #10 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #77 | S.P.A.R.C.K. #2 | OM: Sept. 20, 2014

Viking Goldfish

• Yo soy wampa!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2015, 10:45 PM »
Thanks Kuu. I already ordered that one. It got here rather quick also. The dilvery date said between july 2 and july 5. It got here on june 26. So far it seems fine but its hard for me to hear the sound it puts out of my aker 1505. So when I am able to get someone to listen for me I will know for sure.

Zeafus

• Scorched Earth Studios
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2016, 04:51 PM »
Thanks Kuu. I already ordered that one. It got here rather quick also. The dilvery date said between july 2 and july 5. It got here on june 26. So far it seems fine but its hard for me to hear the sound it puts out of my aker 1505. So when I am able to get someone to listen for me I will know for sure.

Did you ever find out how well that others can hear you using this mic? Im in the market to buy one.

Zeafus V.1 Armor Components WIP- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92479.0
Special Weapons Brigade WIP (Pistoleer)- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=112447.0.
Scorched Earth Studios Forum Sales Thread- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=118198.0
MMCC- #1320
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) a Society for current and former military - #34
M.L.C.S. #1

Viking Goldfish

• Yo soy wampa!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2016, 06:01 PM »
It works ok. Without the icomm i got for it it works real good. When i plug it into the icomm, to me it seems more muffled but i think I am just having issues. In the future i may get a fancier throat mic but its good for now.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!