Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Poll

Which Colour Concept

Option 1: Rebel Pilot
Option 2: Black and Orange
Option 3: White and Blue
Option 4: Combat Green
Option 5: Grey and Red

WIP - Simmy Assassin Mando Build

• 159 Replies

Simmy_82

• Vash Noth
Re: WIP - Simmy Assassin Mando Build
« Reply #150 on: Aug 13, 2015, 09:29 AM »
Amended typo.

I thought having a Cape meant not needing a back plate?

WIPs
Helmet - Complete
Armour - Complete
Soft Parts - Complete
Weapons - Complete
Gaunts - Complete

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #151 on: Aug 13, 2015, 09:58 AM »
Oh yeah there's that too. I thought you were planning a back plate but i might be thinking of someone else.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Simmy_82

• Vash Noth
« Reply #152 on: Aug 13, 2015, 10:07 AM »
I do plan to have one. But gonna do that as an upgrade once app'd in. Mainly because I'm gonna wait on another armour party and get help doing it ;). Cape is more suiting to my assassin build at the moment so no rush for back plate.

WIPs
Helmet - Complete
Armour - Complete
Soft Parts - Complete
Weapons - Complete
Gaunts - Complete

Simmy_82

• Vash Noth
« Reply #153 on: Sep 05, 2015, 12:27 PM »
Update: The build so far. Things left to do.
1. Right gauntlet. - DONE
2. Chest diamond. - DONE
3. Cloak.
4. Girth belt.

Comments welcome!!

EDIT: Finished the Diamond and got that fitted. Will post an image of it all on when u get chance.

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2015, 04:49 PM by Simmy_82 » Logged
WIPs
Helmet - Complete
Armour - Complete
Soft Parts - Complete
Weapons - Complete
Gaunts - Complete

Simmy_82

• Vash Noth
« Reply #154 on: Dec 09, 2015, 02:27 AM »
It's been a while since I posted. Here's a pic from a recent troop.

Thinking of a few upgrades at the minute. Thinking of adding something to the biceps, maybe grenades or armour. Hopefully gonna start my back plate in the new year.

Can I ask what are the rules on using TK armour parts? Thinking of grenade tube for back of belt and possibly the bicep armour? Thoughts please.

WIPs
Helmet - Complete
Armour - Complete
Soft Parts - Complete
Weapons - Complete
Gaunts - Complete

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #155 on: Dec 09, 2015, 03:27 AM »
Back plate is a good move, kit always looks better with back plate  ;D

TK parts are ok as long as they don't look like TK parts as far as I'm aware, field equipment can be used without modification.

My personal opinion I'd not use their bicep armour as your quite a light armour build and you'll start looking top heavy.
 maybe equipment storage bands eg: flares or large caliber rounds, maybe small egg sized grenades.

best people to talk to are Ruus'alor's and App team members for clarification if not clear on the CRL's 

Oh and that picture looks pretty bad shebs  8)

Simmy_82

• Vash Noth
« Reply #156 on: Dec 09, 2015, 05:38 AM »
Thanks Ashen will look into that.

Been looking at the assassin brigade specifications.

Additional equipment can be added in the form of datapads, slicer or comm style equipment, small demolitions packs, compact macrobinoculars, etcetera, for use in getting to/observing one’s target. These are not required, but can be integrated for additional depth to the character.

Amy tips on demolition packs?

Are those TK macrobinoculars to big?

Can I convert a standard set of binoculars / telescopes?

WIPs
Helmet - Complete
Armour - Complete
Soft Parts - Complete
Weapons - Complete
Gaunts - Complete

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #157 on: Dec 09, 2015, 05:56 AM »
As Ashen said - suggested to add a bit more lower armour before going superheavy on the top or it looks unbalanced. TK parts are fine to use, just keep it to only a couple. And again, as said the armour is preferred to be modded, but equipment is good as is.

I don't think trooper macros would be too big myself, but I wouldn't go any bigger. Using real world is also fine - but they would need to be modded enough that they look more like the stormie ones rather than real world binoculars.

Demo packs - there are a few door charges and mines around on the wikis, however I'd use a couple of thermal dets - they're easily recognisable.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Simmy_82

• Vash Noth
« Reply #158 on: Dec 09, 2015, 06:01 AM »
May get a pair of Thermal Detonators then to add to my belt. I have some leather drop down leg holsters being made by a fellow trooper. I'll look into the stormy binoculars doopydoos do it in kit form.

WIPs
Helmet - Complete
Armour - Complete
Soft Parts - Complete
Weapons - Complete
Gaunts - Complete

Simmy_82

• Vash Noth
« Reply #159 on: Dec 22, 2015, 05:07 PM »
Sourcing a set of these. They are smaller and more compact than TK ones. Can easily fill the screw holes and paint them up good.

Approvable??

WIPs
Helmet - Complete
Armour - Complete
Soft Parts - Complete
Weapons - Complete
Gaunts - Complete

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!