Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Neck Seal? Yup! Check (Well, almost...), and Other Soft Parts

• 32 Replies

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
Re: Neck Seal? Yup! Check (Well, almost...), and Other Soft Parts
« Reply #25 on: Sep 24, 2016, 01:59 AM »
If it were me I would try cutting down to 6.
Comparing against Boba directly he did have 8 pouches, but they were smaller than your's so they end up with a gap between them ending and the pouches that end up on the hips.

Try dropping two to start with and giving them a small amount of space between. It should end up with parts of the girth belt showing (which is what you wanted :)) and keep the overall aesthetic

Girth belt has come out great

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides
« Reply #26 on: Sep 24, 2016, 08:25 AM »
Yeah, 6 might work. But that'd be hard to keep symmetrical.  I was thinking of another doodad so I guess I could put that on the side that had the single pair of pouches...

We shall see...

Stay tooned!

B.o.B.B. #008
Grey Brigade OT Guard #021

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #27 on: Sep 24, 2016, 10:20 AM »
Or you move them about completely.

4 through the center, then your sewn pouches then the last two leather pouches right on the outside?

I have a central section on my belt with breach charges, then my leather pouches go all the way from front corner to outer hip. They don't get in the way at all

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides
« Reply #28 on: Sep 24, 2016, 08:13 PM »
Ok.  To get the full effect,  you'll need to scroll up and look at my scrubs up there...  Go on!  Take a look....

Got the image fresh in your mind? Let's go ahead with tonight's update....

Did some weathering on my scrubs/flightsuit today. The pics don't really do it justice,  but you can tell they're no longer pristine... They look well worn,  dirty and grimy.

Il probably add more in key areas, but I don't want to overdo it either. The method was simply to mix appropriate colours of paint with water in a garden spray bottle and spray liberally all over the place... Special attention paid to wrists,  elbows, knees and the bottom of the pants... The seat also got its share...  They were left to dry in the sun for a few hours and will now get tossed in the drier  for a few cycles to bake the paint in.

Will probably go over them again with weathering powders and then seal with matte clear..

Stay tooned!

B.o.B.B. #008

Kry'o Kah'vyr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Special Weapons
« Reply #29 on: Sep 29, 2016, 02:45 PM »
Yeah, I thought about keeping the kitties print... Not!

I guess it could be the Mando equivalent of the story Johnny Cash told in "A Boy Named Sue"...  ;D

"Make fun of my kiities, will ya? Now you gonna DIE!!!!"

8)
ahahah I totally approve that !  :laugh:

---------------------------------------------------------
M5 #69 - IT-Mando #25
« Reply #30 on: Sep 29, 2016, 05:57 PM »
Yup.  Love that song....

;D

B.o.B.B. #008
« Reply #31 on: Apr 23, 2017, 10:11 PM »
It's been ages since I posted, but got pretty much all my soft parts done, with some tweaks still to. Do, like Velcro and such.

On that topic, elastics for knees, thighs and shins have been bugging me lately. I would rather not see them, so I added some channels for them, as per below...

The elastic will be inside, working as they should, but not visible...

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2017, 09:21 AM by jmchabot » Logged
B.o.B.B. #008
« Reply #32 on: Jul 25, 2017, 09:57 AM »
I thought I'd post a summary entry for all my soft parts, especially since Photobucket decided to get stoopid and my progress pics are no longer visible...

Here's the run down on my soft parts as they are now, with the adjustments/corrections requested by the app team upon my initial submission (I have yet to take pics to re-submit... Should be soon...)
Girth belt:

Wookie scalp braids:

Hip Pouches:

Flight Suit (modded scrubs):

Cape:

Spats (notice the fancy stitching to help keep them from flipping up):

Flak Vest:

Weathering of flight suit and Gloves (I went way too subtle on my first go at it...):

Ammo Pouches (on ammo/gun belt):

Holster:

Neck Seal (you can kinda see it...):

And it winds up looking something like this:

That's it for version 1.0!

B.o.B.B. #008

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!