Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Blank Helmet Drawings

• 28 Replies
Blank Helmet Drawings
« on: Jul 11, 2015, 08:50 AM »
I was using the mando maker to plan out my colour schemes, but I decided I wanted to see what the plan would look like on my assassin bucket, so I drew this up, using the image on the NME Props website as a base, so the dimensions are as accurate as possible.

below is said image (with link to a gallery underneath. also included is a bit of advice regarding using gradients to give the illusion of depth). hope you guys get some use out of it, I know I had fun playing round with different designs and patterns.

http://imgur.com/a/W7yjm

(i didn't bother making a back trace of this, as it's practically identical to that of the standard mando. let me know if you want one)

« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2018, 10:57 AM by Hik'aari Kelborn » Logged

SMOKEmifyaGOTM

• The Pagan Mando
Re: Blank Helmet Drawings
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2015, 11:34 AM »
This is excellent!  I re-painted my assassin helmet about 8 or 9 times before I found what looked the best.  The tiny little border around the visor is a killer....

Hold on with a bulldog grip. Chew and choke as much as possible.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2015, 12:29 AM »
UPDATE: I decided to do a bunch more, as well as a trace of the mando stalker for my riddur. yes, it really is that wonky. I tossed up between making the traces true to the source material, or taking some artistic license and making them symmetrical, but honestly I was just too lazy to be bothered with it. anyway, without further ado, here they are (by the way, if anyone has any requests, lemme know and I'll make some)

(i didn't bother making a back trace of this, as it's practically identical to that of the standard mando. let me know if you want one)

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2015, 09:41 AM »
When I did my final paint scheme for my helmet I took a bunch of pictures of it, and outlined it on photoshop...it didn't look nearly as pretty as this mostly because I didn't care about it being pretty, and I wanted to have each section separate. But this is definitely a great idea.

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51
« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2015, 01:31 PM »
HSP Eviscerator, as requested by Kolo589

btw, if anyone wants the raw .xcf files I was using for any of these, feel free to message me, I have everything saved

« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2015, 09:19 PM »
Excellent!

Thank you anvil109!

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Jul 15, 2015, 11:27 PM »
This is a great resource!

Dra'kar Vizsla

• BlackMetal Mando
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2018, 12:03 AM »
I was working on figuring out the paint scheme for my NME stalker helmet and I made a 90% true to scale template of it on MSpaint as I couldn't find one online. Figured I would share it for those who were working on similar things!

Hope this helps someone!

« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2018, 06:21 PM by Gaz Da'yekal » Logged

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2018, 12:40 AM »
Can't see the photo because of photobucket, but as your NME stalker is a helmet manufactured and sold by someone, you might wan to check with NME about how they feel about you posting a template before you do.   If it's just a paint template, disregard, if it's for construction, I'd check with them.  Since I can't see the photo, I don't know. 

-EDIT-- Yup just a paint template, totally fine -- but as Havelock suggests, imgur is your friend.

« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2018, 08:11 AM by Sep Ho'ban » Logged

Dra'kar Vizsla

• BlackMetal Mando
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2018, 01:01 AM »
I fixed the link. Not sure why it wouldn't show from my photobucket. But yeah its just a paint template, not an actual DIY construction one.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2018, 01:44 AM »
Because photobucket is now charging something like $400 a year to show your pictures on third-party sites.  After using up a ridiculously small amount of bandwidth, your picture won't be viewable.  I'd recommend you switch to a site like imgur.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Dra'kar Vizsla

• BlackMetal Mando
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Ah! Well that explains it. I will check imgur out then, thanks for the heads up!

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2018, 05:31 PM »
Nice work on the paint template!  I'm sure that will be very helpful.   8)

Dra'kar Vizsla

• BlackMetal Mando
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2018, 09:03 PM »
Thanks! Lets hope so!

AdenCoruscanta

• Honorary Member of the Mandalorian Mercs
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2018, 09:51 PM »
Thank you so much for this!!

Robert L. Cunningham / A'den Coruscanta
Honorary Member of the Mandalorian Mercs

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2018, 09:56 AM »
This is very good work & a great resource!!  So that we don't lose it a mountain of threads, I'm moving this to the Armor Concepts board as a sticky. 

Raestin Ke'Varek

« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2018, 10:00 AM »
We're going to merge your thread with THIS ONE, so that we don't lose it.  It will be stickied at the top of this board.  :)

Dra'kar Vizsla

• BlackMetal Mando
« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2018, 08:29 PM »
Awesome! Glad to have helped :D

Obalon

• My salvation is my weapon
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #18 on: Jun 19, 2018, 05:29 PM »
We need a Viszla helmet on this pronto!!!! Would definitely appreciate it. Great idea!

Obalon Bralor Valus

« Reply #19 on: Jun 21, 2018, 06:32 PM »
I don't think I can thank you enough for this as the Stalker is the helmet I am planning to use. Now I can get in depth with how I want it to look!

Ko'rizna Falco

• Weapons are a part of my religion
« Reply #20 on: Jun 26, 2018, 07:46 PM »
Any chance we can get some standard helmets (Boba, Jango, etc.) for us more basic folk lol

Vlarden Terr'Ath

• I mostly hang out in the Discord :)
« Reply #21 on: Aug 22, 2018, 08:21 PM »
They're quick and dirty but they're a good start!

And I think I saw someone hunting for a Vizsla blank too, so here ya go!

« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2018, 08:54 PM by osukaru » Logged
Surrender is an outcome far worse than defeat.
If you can hear the shot, it wasn't meant for you.

Ko'rizna Falco

• Weapons are a part of my religion
« Reply #22 on: Aug 23, 2018, 04:29 PM »
Thank you!! Those will help me really develop my weathering and color scheme! I really appreciate it these are great.

Vlarden Terr'Ath

• I mostly hang out in the Discord :)
« Reply #23 on: Aug 23, 2018, 04:33 PM »
Just helping a vod out! happy concepting!

Surrender is an outcome far worse than defeat.
If you can hear the shot, it wasn't meant for you.

Obalon

• My salvation is my weapon
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #24 on: Sep 07, 2018, 08:52 AM »
You are a saint! Thank you!

Obalon Bralor Valus

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!