Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

North Island Armour Party

• 23 Replies

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
North Island Armour Party
« on: Jul 14, 2015, 03:09 PM »
Finally getting organized for an armour party on the North Island- I know Echo9 and Tylek Ren are close by, is there anyone else who could make it? And what days work for those who are close enough to come?

I will have my sewing machine set up to help with any tailoring and alterations too- and I have plenty of sintra as well.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: North Island Armour Party
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2015, 03:12 PM »
Awesome to hear!

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2015, 03:57 PM »
Sounds great. I have everything recently organized into tool boxes and totes for ease of transport for this very occasion. As for materials.. thanks to GardenGeeks contacts I have a lot of extra 6mm Sintra as well that I am willing to share.  We could easily knock out everyone's hard parts sans gaunts and buckets in one weekend.

For those that can come... and want to do armor pieces.. let me know your sizes and I will print out the basic templates to work from.

Cheers, and thanks GardenGeek for getting this moving.

First Kit - Early Crusader - In Progress: Bondo Helmet, Page 4
Other First Kit - Modern - In Progress:
Hard Parts and Soft Parts updated 25/04/16

Echo9

« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2015, 05:22 PM »
Yes!!!! I haven't had a chance to get much done and I was really hoping to get my kit done for pax. Or InCON if I can swing it. My next day off is Sunday And hen next week I have thurs/sun off. Could do evenings if that works too

GardenGeek

« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2015, 12:09 AM »
Sunday would work well for me, especially during the day! Tylek- how's your weekend shaping up?

I have 3mm sintra and I'm sure I can grab a sheet of it before the weekend. I also have an empty garage that is begging to be filled with industrious people making armour.

« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2015, 12:30 AM »
Trying to keep it free for now. ;) And I do have a full sheet of 3mm as well. Plus a lot of scraps in both sizes.

So I am sensing we are not wanting for materials. :D

Echo9

« Reply #6 on: Jul 15, 2015, 03:12 AM »
yup i've got enough sintra for both my sister and my kits. sadly she's going back to fort mac tomorrow and is bummed she can't join the party

GardenGeek

« Reply #7 on: Jul 15, 2015, 03:19 PM »
How are you doing with your soft parts Echo9? I was going to go hit up the upholstery shop and grab some more leather for Tylek- do you need some too? I paid 5$ for all this.

Echo9

« Reply #8 on: Jul 16, 2015, 12:05 AM »
wow nice! i've got material for my flak vest, but i don't have anything for my half cape and i might have to look into making my own ammo pouches.

so... i guess i don't need any right now cause i don't know what i'd use it for. but thanks so much for the offer!

« Reply #9 on: Jul 16, 2015, 05:06 PM »
One can never have enough 'scrap material' laying about for those moments of inspiration.

Also, feel free to PM me Echo with what you'd like to work on this weekend and I'll be sure to toss any extra tools into the bins to help you with those things.

Cheers.

Echo9

« Reply #10 on: Jul 18, 2015, 11:40 AM »
heeeey! ok so what time?? (plz not early morning.. i hate mornings.. hahaha) also gardengeek pm me your address :)

i really need to work on armor as the soft parts are under control right now. i don't have a dremel i can bring.. i have a file for sanding edges, xacto knife

i'll bring both sheets of sintra and the bucket parts i have just in case we have time to work on those.

ideally i'd like to have all the armor pieces cut out (and possibly sanded) and i can shape them at home. if we have time for anything else i'll be thrilled :)

also what kind of snacks do you like?? :D

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Jul 18, 2015, 01:28 PM »
Have you set a date yet?

Late Crusader WIP

GardenGeek

« Reply #12 on: Jul 18, 2015, 03:10 PM »
Tomorrow!  I have a dremel here with tons of bits and blades. I have sandpaper and files and lots of miscellaneous tools. I think getting the armour cut out is a great goal :) and I'm always down for working on helmets too.

The earlier we start the more stuff we can get done. Saying that though, I got up at 10 this morning. Do we want to say around 11?

I like all sorts of snacks! I have chips and hummus here and some other snacks too.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #13 on: Jul 18, 2015, 03:12 PM »
Take at least one good group pic for posterity!

Late Crusader WIP

Echo9

« Reply #14 on: Jul 19, 2015, 01:15 AM »
11 sounds good! :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!