Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

North Island Armour Party

• 23 Replies

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
Re: North Island Armour Party
« Reply #15 on: Jul 20, 2015, 12:51 AM »
No group pics but it was great! My garage was filled with industrious people making armour. Echo and I got our armour traced and she started cutting it out. Tylek was our mentor and helped us every step of the way. I'm now most of the way through my soft parts! Next armour party is already in the works and I can't wait.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Jul 20, 2015, 01:05 AM »
Outstanding!

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Echo9

« Reply #17 on: Jul 20, 2015, 11:33 AM »
Yah I'm kinda worried about my deadline lol. Painting shouldn't take too long though.
Thinking I should have taken my helmet back home and worked on it this week. Ah well, can't wait til the next party :)

Also thanks for feeding us!

« Reply #18 on: Jul 20, 2015, 12:16 PM »
It was indeed an excellent day. Sorry that my arrival time had to be postponed. We each managed to get a little closer to the end result and I look forward to seeing what each person comes back with to the next party.

Thank you for the wonderful sandwiches in the middle! :)

First Kit - Early Crusader - In Progress: Bondo Helmet, Page 4
Other First Kit - Modern - In Progress:
Hard Parts and Soft Parts updated 25/04/16

GardenGeek

« Reply #19 on: Jul 20, 2015, 01:53 PM »
Echo, I cut out half your backplate last night. I don't mind cutting your plates out, and then you can concentrate on sanding them down and shaping. Also feel free to come by on Thursday if you're not working. I think putting in the cheek pieces for your helmet too would be a lot easier with two people, and I have the dremel here for cutting the buckets- and Tylek's heat gun too ;)

Just glad that you could make it Tylek- we can order pizza or something next time maybe!

Echo9

« Reply #20 on: Jul 21, 2015, 12:49 AM »
thanks so much!! i really appreciate it! :D

yah i'll remember to bring cash next time
looks like i need to get some InCON stuff done on thurs but i'll keep ya posted

« Reply #21 on: Jul 22, 2015, 01:30 AM »
Hoping to be able to swing by again this weekend to shape these plates. Echo's are all cut out now, and for the most part ready to go. Just want to trim a little here and there once we get her fitted, and then we can properly edge them and get them attached to her vest. She has her vest ready, right? Echo9? :D

First Kit - Early Crusader - In Progress: Bondo Helmet, Page 4
Other First Kit - Modern - In Progress:
Hard Parts and Soft Parts updated 25/04/16

Echo9

« Reply #22 on: Jul 22, 2015, 10:57 AM »
Thanks so much for cutting out my plates!!! Really appreciate it. Vest.. um... I'm sure I can have it done by the weekend :)

GardenGeek

« Reply #23 on: Jul 23, 2015, 12:58 AM »
I went to industrial plastics in courtenay today and just about had a meltdown. Soooo much plastic stuff! I just about had a meltdown with joy. It was so nice to be actually able to see and handle so many of these products we all talk about. They have a whole mould making/costuming corner! Including worbla and silicon and all sorts of other gear. Tons of krylon paint in a million colours too Echo9! We have my mini spray booth in the garage too :)

If you and your mum get your vest just wearable so we have an idea about plate placement, that would be ideal.

Can't wait for the weekend!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!