Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Goblin's first armour plan/WIP.

• 35 Replies
Goblin's first armour plan/WIP.
« on: Jul 20, 2015, 03:11 PM »
Hey all,

So after a long time lurking I thought it was finally time to get myself together and post. So welcome to my planning thread!

Here is my colour scheme so far. Outline taken from SqueezyBat on Deviantart found here: http://squeezybat.deviantart.com/art/Free-Mandalorian-Lineart-310658577

So that is the rough idea, I added the kama myself as while I know its something I should wait to add until after I've met the CRL's I just really want one! General thought process is a desert/Tatooine/Jakku based merc. For weaponry I'm considering a Bowcaster and going for Big Game Hunter vibe. Recently played the Tatooine mission from KOTOR 1 so have hunting on must have Krayt dragons on the brain...

The aim is for Medium armour but Ill start with the light pieces first and add more on as I go. Not sure whether to go for the Jango or Boba armour templates, is there a reason to choose one over the other? Other than aesthetics of course, I mean more along the lines of does one style suit a certain body type more etc.

So, any thoughts or questions? Anything else I should be considering that's slipped my mind? I am currently working on the helmet but its a long way from being painted so I'm not getting too ahead of myself.

And as always thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2015, 10:33 AM by Godgoblin » Logged

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: Goblin's first armour plan
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2015, 03:23 PM »
looking good so far bud, I like the colour scheme.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2015, 03:25 PM »
Definitely a nice color scheme.  And the main difference between the Boba and Jango templates, as far as I can tell, is that Boba was slimmer, Jango was buffer.  And Jango wears heavier armor. 

And you can definitely include the kama on your basic kit.  You don't have to be Official first and then add it.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2015, 04:28 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll probably go for Jango In that case.

Also I'm slightly concerned the design is a bit plain. Would anyone recommend an additional colour on the armour?

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2015, 04:32 PM »
That color scheme looks really nice.

"Only known inhabitant of the Lando System."

Havelock

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2015, 05:01 PM »
I think it'll look really nice once you've actually got some paint on the armor.  More colors would most likely look too busy.  Just my two centicreds.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2015, 09:44 AM »
I agree, once you get it painted up a layer of weathering will give it even more depth and make it really pop.

« Reply #7 on: Jul 21, 2015, 10:41 AM »
Thanks everyone that's really good to hear. So any more ideas on what to add or do you think I'm ok to jump into a wip thread?

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Jul 21, 2015, 11:08 AM »
Definitely looks good, you don't have to wait to add the Kama, that can be part of your initial build too if you want it. It looks like you're ready to get started with a WIP.

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Tokrim

« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 2015, 02:13 PM »
If you are really desperate to add another colour then consider making it look like the current scheme has been painted on top of another and allow the weathering to show it through, perhaps use red to match the visor and vest and to show strongly against the desert colours currently on display.

« Reply #10 on: Jul 21, 2015, 04:22 PM »
Thanks Tokrim but the others have put my mind at ease about that. But if I think it's needs some more after its done I'll take that idea on board

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #11 on: Jul 22, 2015, 03:36 AM »
With the templates, remember that whichever you use you may need to do some shifting and trimming unless you have the luck to have an exact body shape of one of the Fett's. If you find you really can't get a good fit - print out one that fits your body length and one that fits your body width and use them to create a set that is proportioned to you.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #12 on: Jul 22, 2015, 03:42 AM »
Thanks for the tip, I'll start on those once the helmets got to the primer stage. Expect an awkward paper covered mirror selfie in a couple of weeks.

Havelock

« Reply #13 on: Jul 22, 2015, 10:24 PM »
Thanks for the tip, I'll start on those once the helmets got to the primer stage. Expect an awkward paper covered mirror selfie in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to it.  :P

Mercy

« Reply #14 on: Jul 24, 2015, 12:19 AM »
One thing I notice...the upper and lower of the flight suit are different colors.
Pretty sure that they will need to be the same, as it is supposed to look like it's a one-piece suit.

You know who I am. Even a monster such as you has nightmares.
Before you die...say my name...

Master Build Thread

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!