Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

bone color question

• 3 Replies

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
bone color question
« on: Jul 21, 2015, 05:13 PM »
What color should I use to give bone the proper look?  I've been experimenting with a few different brown washes but none seem to look quite right.  Any hints would be awesome!

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Al'ike Gett'syc'kote

• Ni ven cuyi o'r ner haavlam
Re: bone color question
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2015, 05:54 PM »
If you're following Suegtai's How to Paint Bone tutorial, I've used exactly what she described for the bone pieces that I have made. My only deviance was from the Raw Umber, as I couldn't find it; I substituted Real Brown in its stead.

Armour Plans
Soft Parts WIP

B.E.A.R.D.S. #096
E.R.A. #040
C.A. #74

External Distractions

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2015, 06:16 PM »
If you're following Suegtai's How to Paint Bone tutorial, I've used exactly what she described for the bone pieces that I have made. My only deviance was from the Raw Umber, as I couldn't find it; I substituted Real Brown in its stead.

Perfect!  I don't know how I didn't think of that!!!  I've been all over her wip and it never occurred to me to look there first.  Thanks a heap, Vod!

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Al'ike Gett'syc'kote

• Ni ven cuyi o'r ner haavlam
« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2015, 06:34 PM »
Her WIP is my bible. Can`t say I have it memorized though  :laugh:

Armour Plans
Soft Parts WIP

B.E.A.R.D.S. #096
E.R.A. #040
C.A. #74

External Distractions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!