Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

I want to start my first Bucket and had some questions

• 1 Replies
Hey guys!

So for years I wanted to make my own set of armor. I've always wanted to make a set of Boba Fett armor and a set of my own. I've had a Don Post Boba Fett helmet sitting around just waiting to be modded and have decided recently to work on it. I'm thinking, just as a way to dip my toes into the whole costuming world, to start with it. I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure yet if I want to be my own bucket or a Boba Fett one, just to get used to everything, but was hoping I could get some tips on how to start. I found this tutorial which uses the same helmet I have. Does this seem like a good guide to start with?

My other questions are, I've read about adding fiberglass to strengthen these helmets, where exactly can I find how to do that? And finally, is there anything else I should know before I start this?

I'm sure a lot of this is really basic stuff, but I appreciate the help!

~Josh

Vorpal

Re: I want to start my first Bucket and had some questions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2019, 04:22 AM »
Fiber glass can add a lot of wiegh to a helmet. My helmet ws 3d printed in around 25 parts. I fiber glassed the inside for strenght, admititly I did put 3 layers in. It's now as strong a motorbike helmet but weights about 4kg. That might not sound a lot but that next day after a troop my neck and sholders can hardly move.

ti his kov'nyn

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!