Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Second blaster project (wip)

• 20 Replies
Second blaster project (wip)
« on: Jul 30, 2015, 10:32 PM »
so hitting up a local goodwill i found the pieces to my next blaster project. Its going to end up a pistol grip shotgun kind of deal.

Heres close to what itll look like after chopping. I'll have to do a lot of sculpting ti keep the hand guard, but I think it'll be worth it.

I know bondo isn't strong enough to make up the extra material on the guard. Does anyone know what i should use?

I think my gun is somewhere between the H-206 and the BL-28 blasters

« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2015, 12:10 PM by CarpeNoctem » Logged
Re: Second blaster project
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2015, 01:30 AM »
Got the major cutting done. The curve of the forward grip fit the trigger ring just like I hoped it would :P

Re: Second blaster project (wip)
« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2015, 01:48 PM »
okay while I work out the flip over stock I need to start filling areas that were cut on the grip guard and filling larger gaps. What should I use? Model magic? sculpty? I need a paintable no bake option

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2015, 04:09 PM »
I'm trying out this stuff:

Picked it up at Home Depot for pretty cheap.  I'm using it to fill some holes in what are going to be grenades.  It's pretty easy to work with.  You just cut some off the tube, knead it until it's grey, and put it where you need it.  Let it cure for 60 minutes, then, according to the directions, you can sand it, paint it, whatever.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2015, 11:21 AM »
Says it doesn't fully cure for 24 hours. I might sand after an hour but I wouldn't paint until full cure. No telling how it might affect the paints own curing process.

« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2015, 01:46 AM »
Okay so now i got the basic fill work done and a layer of primer so i can see what I want to fix better. I need to decide the color scheme for it. I know i want the barrel silver but the grip can be multiple layouts. Ponder ponder. The tape is covering a spring loaded rod attached between the barrel and the forward grip.

Also quickly made myself a chance cube. Sitting on a pin for matte clear coat.

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2015, 01:05 PM »
Loving how this is turning out!

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59
« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2015, 08:36 AM »
Woah, I really like how these are turning out, and the chance cube looks really spot on. I do have a question, though, where did you get that pistol? It looks great for a basis to make a Mass Effect Carnifex. Keep on going, I really like how the shotgun blaster is coming out!

- Liz G.

WIP Threads:
Sabine Master List

Jes'la Rozlyn (MandOC)
- Planning
- Helmet
- Soft Bits
- Hard Bits
« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2015, 12:28 PM »
The pistol was from a thrift shop. It was part of some laser tag set from the markings

« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2015, 11:34 AM »
Aw man, I'll have to do some digging, anyway. Hope to see more of this in the near future!

- Liz G.

WIP Threads:
Sabine Master List

Jes'la Rozlyn (MandOC)
- Planning
- Helmet
- Soft Bits
- Hard Bits
« Reply #10 on: Aug 12, 2015, 06:31 PM »
I want to believe. it turns out its from the star wars fans favorite toy company theyre hasbro/nerf

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #11 on: Aug 12, 2015, 08:41 PM »
Really interested to know how you got the chance cube to look so good. Been wanting to do one, myself.

« Reply #12 on: Aug 13, 2015, 12:56 PM »
Im flattered since I tossed it together.:D I used some extra paper clay I had laying around and mushed it into a rough cube let it dry a few days (make sure to rotate so it all drys moisture will move to bottom)  and used some cheap craft paint from my daughters' easel. I used their big brushes and slapped a bit of paint on in a way that seemed to look like it was worn off. Their rough big kid brushes did good for this. Then after an hour for the paint to dry I stuck it is n the pin to clear it with matte finish.

« Reply #13 on: Aug 19, 2015, 05:49 AM »
paint is on. Weathering on stock and grip seems to look a bit faint in pics. For the vents a couple of em i ground out  rough so they would look damaged from years of use in firefights then sprayed black down the barrels so it vented out then I just wiped across em to make smoky effect on the outside. I decided I'm going to use a long strip of leather and wrap knuckle guard, and then I believe it's done. I should probably clear it too.

« Reply #14 on: Aug 09, 2016, 03:57 PM »
been away for a while and decided I'm wrong it needs some paintwork in the black to give it some definition and add something to the top. Laser, pistols scope or something. more to come now that i'm back on track to work on my kit again. pics soon

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #15 on: Aug 09, 2016, 04:04 PM »
I agree, it's a great looking blaster, but is missing something.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

lunchsack86

• Rang Ori'dush Oyayc
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events
« Reply #16 on: Aug 09, 2016, 04:18 PM »
I agree, it's a great looking blaster, but is missing something.

Scope?

Rang Ori'dush Oyayc
# 2406
Hail to the King baby

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Aug 09, 2016, 04:35 PM »
Maybe two. You know how multiple scopes always makes something SWarzy. ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #18 on: Aug 09, 2016, 05:08 PM »
reflex scope and shell holder maybe? With swarzy sci-fi looking rounds

Straka Zulu

« Reply #19 on: Aug 09, 2016, 08:12 PM »
Sounds good ;D

« Reply #20 on: Aug 17, 2016, 05:08 AM »
Small update. It got a "bantha hide" knuckle guard wrap. I'm looking for the right scope to mount on top in the very back so I can still make a holster for it.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!