Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Raestin's Scratch Build - WidowMaker 2.0 Updates - Page 12

• 196 Replies

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
So...this first helmet was a HUGE learning experience, and it's time to do it again!  Skip to page 8 for updates to the MkII helmet!  :D

Hey guys!!  Raestin here from the Veshok Clan.  Well, I started this thread as a J2P WIP, but eventually after getting started, I realized that the bucket was just going to be too small.  I have a big melon, no two ways about it...seriously, it's big.  So, I gave the J2P to my wife Kebiin (http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=98147.0) and I went back to the drawing board.  I'm really enjoying the process of working on Kebiin's helmet, so I'm going to make a scratch built buy'ce instead of ordering a nice resin one.

After a trip to Home Depot and Academy Sports, here's the first WIP pic.  :)

The bike helmet was on sale for $5!!!   :o  So that puts my total material cost at.....$10.  :D

That's it for now!! I'll be posting some more updates hopefully by this weekend.  Stay tuned!

« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2017, 12:27 PM by Raestin Ke'Varek » Logged

crutchthecrusher

• Enjoy today there is no promise of tomorrow
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Raestin's J2P Build - W.I.P. ** Pic Heavy **
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2015, 08:12 AM »
Off to a good start

Ericr Huric
MMCC: 1193 
Starviper Clan.                                                            wip armor http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90153.0
Wip weapons http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=93781.msg1369941#msg1369941
Wip Helmet http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=96098.0

Bacaraj be'te Kyr'tsad

• He may be No Good to you if He's Dead....
« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2015, 12:07 PM »
Nice work Vod!

Armor Completion
-----------------------------------------------------
- Concept: 100%
- Helmet: 100%
- Hard Parts:100%
- Soft Bits: 96%
- Weapons: 80%

Kadiith

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2015, 02:42 PM »
Nice, great start!

Definitely keeping an eye on this and watching how it progresses. ;)

Need help? Check out the Rules and Guides Board
Signature look cut off? Check out the Forum Signature Guide

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2015, 06:56 PM »
Off to a great start.  I always love watching J2P builds come along

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2015, 01:24 AM »
Off to a great start.  I always love watching J2P builds come along
I've noticed there's been quite an increase over the last two weeks.

Helmets progressing well Vod!

QMU#084

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2015, 08:50 AM »
Thanks everyone!  I have a ton of supplies on the way.  Fiberglass mat & resin for the inside of the bucket, "true Mando" ear caps from Droodles, Apoxie Sculpt for the seam and a visor from T-Visor.com.  As soon as some of this stuff comes in, I can crank it back up.  Working on cutting templates for my armor plates in the meantime.  :)

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2015, 04:43 PM »
Using a tape role as a helmet stand? Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I'm using this with my next build.

Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5
« Reply #8 on: Aug 20, 2015, 09:14 PM »
About to start my own J2p build, awesome idea's I like how you used the sewing to help give it that extra flar!

Going to keep an eye on this one!

« Reply #9 on: Aug 26, 2015, 06:37 PM »
Looking good, off to a good start so far! I like you use the tape roll method as well! Can't wait to see more pictures!

"Death is life, one should die as they have lived."
Concept Thread
Helmet Thread

Raestin Ke'Varek

« Reply #10 on: Aug 28, 2015, 01:17 PM »
I appreciate all the positive comments!!  I've decided to go in a bit of a different direction with my buy'ce.  We're working on my wife Kebiin's kit also, and I've decided to finish the J2P for her and work on a 1:1 scratch built bucket for myself.  My melon is just too big to fit in the J2P and still be able to get some electronics in it.  :)  I'll be posting all of these pics into Kebiin's helmet WIP and updating this thread with my new Mk2 scratch built bucket. 

Raestin Ke'Varek

Re: Raestin's Scratch Build
« Reply #11 on: Sep 01, 2015, 02:29 PM »
If you'll notice...the thread title has changed...along with the first post.  I've given the J2P to my wife Kebiin and just started my scratch build.  I'll keep everyone updated on the new build.  :)

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Sep 01, 2015, 02:39 PM »
Very nice way to recycle a thread Vod! Lol the new method is a good one! Keep at it and you'll be able to build them with almost no effort at all!!

QMU#084

Raestin Ke'Varek

« Reply #13 on: Sep 01, 2015, 03:12 PM »
Thanks Vod!  I love doing this stuff.  The resin helmets are super nice, but there's just something about building it from scratch that really feels good.  It can be frustrating, but it's so rewarding to see it come together in the end.  :)

Bowfanny

« Reply #14 on: Sep 01, 2015, 03:31 PM »
Thanks Vod!  I love doing this stuff.  The resin helmets are super nice, but there's just something about building it from scratch that really feels good.  It can be frustrating, but it's so rewarding to see it come together in the end.  :)
Funnily enough I prefer my own built helmets over those that I've gotten from the vendors. I currently have three vendor made helmets and out of the three I'll only be keeping one of them since it's the 12th of 15 helmets that were made available when it was in production. The others are being sold or given to clan mates lol I enjoy my pepakura based helmets too and my main kit buyce is pep based.

QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!