Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

How's everyone doing, kit-wise?

• 25 Replies

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
How's everyone doing, kit-wise?
« on: Aug 05, 2015, 09:43 PM »
At the wonderful barbecue (thanks Zophar!), I realized that unless we have looked up each other's WIP, we have no clue where each other is in their quest for OM. I'm hoping if we know where we're all at, we can help each other out :)

I'm planning some visits to the mainland soon, and I'd love to help in any way I can- and attend as many armor parties as possible too :)  I have some spare 3 and 6mm Sintra and some leather if anyone needs some.

So....where's everyone at??

Myself- so far, I have a half finished helmet, a half finished vest, all my other soft parts are complete, though I have some grey leather that I'm planning on adding to my gloves. I have a plan for my girth belt and normal belt, but it hasn't been started yet. I also have a set of plates cut out too :) no weapons as of yet...

Re: How's everyone doing, kit-wise?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2015, 11:18 PM »
Well, I have a bucket, all plates cut and shaped, a vest and flightsuit. Working on my ammo belt and webbing details.

Really all that is left are weapons and gauntlets, but you have seen my current state for both. After that wicked book purchase this week, I think we have enough great details for some weapons that we can all make in the very near future. :)

First Kit - Early Crusader - In Progress: Bondo Helmet, Page 4
Other First Kit - Modern - In Progress:
Hard Parts and Soft Parts updated 25/04/16

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2015, 12:56 AM »
Funny u should post this, I was going to post a wip this weekend!

draco.mac

« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2015, 05:04 PM »
Yay for more BC Mercs!!! Hopefully be able to meet more of you!

GardenGeek

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2015, 07:01 PM »
I'm planning on coming to the mainland again soon for an armour party, but I need to know what to bring. My kit is cut out (don't laugh Tylek and Echo) and I have a 4x8 sheet of Sintra that I'd like to share with whoever needs it. I also have a bit of leather that Id be happy to share around as well, but I need to know what to bring. I also have a ridiculous amount of leather lacing.

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2015, 12:55 AM »
I'm planning on coming to the mainland again soon for an armour party, but I need to know what to bring. My kit is cut out (don't laugh Tylek and Echo) and I have a 4x8 sheet of Sintra that I'd like to share with whoever needs it. I also have a bit of leather that Id be happy to share around as well, but I need to know what to bring. I also have a ridiculous amount of leather lacing.

ill be back in town for force friday (sept 4th) should we do a labor day armor party? (I may need to borrow some sintra for a cod piece if thats cool... I'll have some greeblies and misc. stuff to donate to other's builds.

Here's my build with the old armor

« Reply #6 on: Aug 17, 2015, 01:32 AM »
garden if you come to the main land let me know i have a guest room here that you can use.

you can never have to many guns when you hunt

GardenGeek

« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2015, 12:47 PM »
ill be back in town for force friday (sept 4th) should we do a labor day armor party? (I may need to borrow some sintra for a cod piece if thats cool... I'll have some greeblies and misc. stuff to donate to other's builds.

Here's my build with the old armor

Are you using 3 or 6mm for your build Gnar-Gnar? There's lots of both here :) I'll definitely bring some down with me for you.

Thanks happyhunter1 for the offer- my SO is currently staying in Hope for work, so I'd be staying with him-though if I manage to haul along any other islanders, someone else might need a place to stay :)

bassplaya

• Nothing worth doing is easy
« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2015, 04:07 PM »
I just updated my wip but I don't know how to link it to the B.C. Page. But so far : I have a helmet waiting for weathering and range finder, vest complete save for back plate and shoulder bells, flight suit and majority of belts ready. Still need cod piece, gauntlets, kidney plate, boots. Also have my side arm mostly complete

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #9 on: Aug 17, 2015, 04:17 PM »
Bassplaya:

- right click on the yellow text at the top of a post you want to share
 - click on "copy link location"
 - in the reply type (with the quotes, but leave out the spaces):    [  url=http://"
 - paste
 - type (again with the quotes):   "]whatever words you want to be clickable go here[\url]

so it should look something like this

[ url="http: //mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=96877.0"]click here[/url]

to get this:

click here

[[EDIT]]  Apparently it translates if you just paste the link itself and don't bother with the rest of it, but you don't get the pretty words :P

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2015, 08:47 PM »
Are you using 3 or 6mm for your build Gnar-Gnar? There's lots of both here :) I'll definitely bring some down with me for you.

Thanks happyhunter1 for the offer- my SO is currently staying in Hope for work, so I'd be staying with him-though if I manage to haul along any other islanders, someone else might need a place to stay :)

Im using 3mm, if I could steal some that'd make my day!

GardenGeek

« Reply #11 on: Aug 18, 2015, 12:01 AM »
That's no problem. How much do you need? Just a cod, or do you need gaunts too and you're being shy ;)

« Reply #12 on: Aug 22, 2015, 02:27 PM »
I've been on a bit of a hiatus from working on my kit but I did manage to finish my bucket and get a few pieces of armour cut out of a scrap car hood that I am quite happy with. I also have my vest, gloves and flight suit ready to go as well. As soon as I have more free time at the end of October I'm gonna really try to put the pedal to the metal on my kit. Also hopefully the Canadian dollar improves soon because every time I decide to buy something and then see the exchange rate is making it almost double the price, I have to back out and IT IS KILLING ME!   >:( :P

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #13 on: Aug 22, 2015, 02:42 PM »
Hey man, welcome home!    Glad you are still around.   Let me know how we can help!

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2015, 05:54 PM »
Hey man, welcome home!    Glad you are still around.   Let me know how we can help!

I've been lurking around for awhile haha been mostly sticking to the supply depot trying to find pieces for my kit. I can't wait to have the free time to make it down to one of the armour parties!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!