Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New Blade

• 8 Replies

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
New Blade
« on: Dec 28, 2015, 06:38 PM »
I'm working on a new blade, but the plastic I have for it is curved slightly. I am trying to use a heatgun and a weight to un bend it, but it keeps reverting back to the curve. Do you guys have any advice.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: New Blade
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2015, 06:40 PM »
Heat it up, and shock it with some really cold water.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2015, 07:07 PM »
Yeah I needed more heat.

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2015, 01:24 AM »
Maybe try using an oven?  See if you can find a silicon sheet to set it on on top of the racks, lay it in there for a good 30 seconds-1 minute, and give it a go.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2016, 04:41 AM »

Never got the bend completely out of it. But it is barely noticeable.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2016, 12:57 AM »

Need to bondo gaps, then paint. I am going to use a name from a book for the sword, and part of its description. A black blade, named retribution, with mercy and justice etched into the blade. Mine will have that, but will have a red edge to it. Mine is also a different shape.

BencOrade

• I'm new here
« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2016, 06:10 PM »
What dimensions are you using for your Beskad?

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2016, 12:09 AM »
The whole thing is 60cm long, the blade is 45cm, the width is 10cm I think, the edge is 2-3cm.

BencOrade

• I'm new here
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2016, 05:38 PM »
The whole thing is 60cm long, the blade is 45cm, the width is 10cm I think, the edge is 2-3cm.

Thanks.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!