Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dash Gnar WIP, Now OM with Endless Upgrades Planned

• 105 Replies
Re: Gnar Gnar WIP
« Reply #15 on: Aug 17, 2015, 01:33 AM »
just leave it to me I can do that in seconds lol

you can never have to many guns when you hunt

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #16 on: Aug 17, 2015, 01:36 AM »
Well thanks guys, I'm now stuck sleeping in the streets because my head is too big to fit in the front door 😂

« Reply #17 on: Aug 17, 2015, 01:41 AM »
just stand still this will not hard me a bit Gnar-Gnar . *starts up saber chain saw and starts carving and sings I been working on the brain cell all the liv long day * I love my job sometimes

you can never have to many guns when you hunt

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #18 on: Aug 21, 2015, 02:04 AM »
New bucket getting closer to first layer of primer... So much work... Never buy from unknown sellers!!!

Blaster shave first round of bondo, with more to come... Sniper should be finished within a week, pistol needs more time to work on the firing mechanics for the electronics.

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #19 on: Aug 22, 2015, 01:30 AM »
More bond and sanding done tonight... gave me an itch to throw on my kit so here's a pic with my latest layout:

New girth belt
New Ammo pouches (gonna paint the green ones brown
new westar 44s
Black washed and weathered helmet

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #20 on: Aug 22, 2015, 12:59 PM »
looking good.   That is your "stunt armor", not your application armor, right?

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #21 on: Aug 22, 2015, 01:07 PM »
looking good.   That is your "stunt armor", not your application armor, right?

Yup, I'm on stand-by for my sintra armor until I'm back in vancouver... Want to get some expert advise and an extra set of hands before I move onward... Plates are all ready and shaped (except Cod, Backplate) I just need final tweaks and them mounted to vest before paint. My application vest is a good 2-3 inches shorter than this one, so it'll be a bit of a squeeze for the plates, but it should work... (I'll be like boba with his mid drift vest  :laugh:

This will be my paint job on my application kit as well, so I won't look much different. Doing a lot of work today... One of the nice things about first building with foam is for $5 I now have practice, and direction for the final version.

Final assembly is going down tonight on sniper, going to make some trophies, might be able to get pistol partially assembled pending I find a descent bracket for my scope.

Helmet is getting closer, hopefully I'll have bondo on it by tonight

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #22 on: Aug 22, 2015, 01:17 PM »
Sweet.    Sounds like a plan.   The island crew has gotten four sets of sintra done in the last week so they'll be a huge help for you.  I've never worked with the stuff yet so GardenGeek is going to bring me some scrap to play with just so I have an idea how to work it when it comes time to help you.

Late Crusader WIP

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #23 on: Sep 08, 2015, 05:30 PM »
It was great seeing everyone this past weekend!

Since the armor party I have gone out and picked up the supplies I need to keep moving forward with my kit
-Bondo
-Paints
-Nuts for screws
-T-visor for helmet
-misc. shop supplies (proper dust/paint mask)
(still need to get snaps and velcro)

I've now put my sniper rifle together (minus the scope, still looking for a potential mounting rail) and the sniper is now ready for bondo

Video Here: http://vid1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/Gnar-Gnar_Jinn/IMG_2451.MOV_zpse5g2kebm.mp4

I'll be installing electronics in my blaster pistol later this week, hopefully both blasters will be functional and painted by the end of this weekend.

Once the sun comes out later this week I'll bondo my helmet, cod, and blasters.

Cod: welp, as I do not have a heat gun atm, this is on hold (i did cut out the middle piece though)

Flight suit: I've sewn on elastic to hold the flight suit down

Ammo pouches: Repainting the green ones, testing a few techniques today... we'll see how they turn out.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #24 on: Sep 08, 2015, 08:47 PM »
I've got a heat gun when you are ready  to shape the cod

Late Crusader WIP

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #25 on: Sep 08, 2015, 11:08 PM »
Another update for tonight,

Pouches painted with base, weathering and wear up next... but already better than the green

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #26 on: Sep 08, 2015, 11:13 PM »
What do you use to paint the pleather?    Your boots came out great

Late Crusader WIP

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #27 on: Sep 08, 2015, 11:18 PM »
well these pouches are real military pouches... they are real leather with a special coat to prevent mildew ect... So I just used regular spray paint on those. From now it will be a similar process to what i'm doing with my boots...

I use a mix of black, burnt umbar, burnt sienna, and raw sienna acrylic paints mixed with a little water, and sponge apply the mixture to the boots... after a couple of minutes I remove paint with a damp rag, using a very light pressure and twisting motion.

from there I'll use some burnt sienna to simulate some wear in high spots, then a black wash (using on off black acrylic paint)

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #28 on: Sep 08, 2015, 11:55 PM »
Looking great! Awesome seeing you this weekend- definitely jealous of how close you're getting on your kit.

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #29 on: Sep 09, 2015, 06:45 PM »
What do you use to paint the pleather?    Your boots came out great

Here's the tutorial that I followed

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=424382&sid=3895e6ce198138575390e58e18274f98

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!