Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dash Gnar WIP, Now OM with Endless Upgrades Planned

• 105 Replies

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Gnar Gnar WIP
« Reply #60 on: Oct 06, 2015, 06:16 PM »
Sweeeeeet!

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #61 on: Oct 08, 2015, 10:41 PM »
Everything is mounted... Other than weathering and painting straps, what else do you guys think I need pre app?

(I won't be using rifle in app, I'll be using my Westar 34's)

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #62 on: Oct 09, 2015, 12:01 AM »
I think you are about there! I do love those boots

Late Crusader WIP

Echo9

« Reply #63 on: Oct 09, 2015, 02:34 AM »
lookin good! :)

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #64 on: Oct 09, 2015, 03:56 PM »
If I still know my stuff, I think you're pretty much good to go once you've painted/hidden those elastics on your knees. Certainly a very well pulled off kit! 8)

However, I'll point out a few things I noticed just in case you want to do something about them before you app in. Likely these are more just quality adjustments, rather than trying to make it pass (since I think you will), so don't feel like you need to do anything about these (unless an App Team member agrees :rolleyes: ). Here we go:

-First thing I noticed is that I think the arms of you flightsuit could be tailored a little bit more snugly to give a sleeker look. They're almost baggy looking in the front shots.
-Second is plate spacing. This may be coming down to super perfectionist, but the bottom point on your right chestplate is closer to the ab plate than the bottom point of your left chestplate. I think this could fixed by ever so slightly lowering the right side of the ab down, so it appears to be parallel with your belt (as in the pictures it is slightly off).
-Personally, and to a lesser degree than the sleeves, I think the thigh area of your flightsuit could do with a tiny bit of tailoring as well. There's just a little too much bagginess in the back.
-The elastic straps on your knees need to be hidden inside your flightsuit or coloured to match... Of course I'm pretty sure you knew that one :P
-In the front-on pictures it appears that your left knee is sitting higher than the other one. You may want to take another picture to correct that.

Other than those things, just blackwash you chest and shoulder plates to match your helmet, get yourself a backplate, and you will have a tip-top quality kit! ;D

Keep it up, Gnar!

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #65 on: Oct 10, 2015, 09:11 PM »
Your armour looks very good, simple, almost bare bones basics, lots of room for future mods and editions.  Chest plates look evenly enough placed.

I wouldn't worry about any tailoring it doesn't look needed.
Knee armour elastic strapping should not be an issue, (since all elastic strap is usually black or white) if it is an issue, a little extra material sewed like a horizontal pocket for the straps to feed through should be easy enough to add.

You look like a tall trooper, you should keep the long rifle, it looks right for the outfit.

Overall good job!

Welcome!

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #66 on: Oct 12, 2015, 01:13 AM »
Here's an updated pic:

Everything is ready, and not ready...

This kit was designed to get me OM, but there's a lot of work ahead. I purposely choose to use magnets for my mounting system, as it allows me maximum flexibility for adjusting plates. This kit was designed as a testing ground, with a lot of room for improvement as I gain experience. I appreciate the feedback I've received, and feel that it has reinforced some feelings I've had about this kit.

Here's the list of planned upgrades:
-New Sniper
-New Blaster pistol
-Taking in flightsuit
-Taking In vest
-Switching from magnets to bolts for armor mounting
-Custom Solo style holster for my custom pistol
-Backplate
-New gauntlets
-New Helmet
-New Gloves
-New girth belt
-Wire in iComm
-Thigh Plates
-Bicep Ammo straps
-New Cape

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #67 on: Oct 12, 2015, 01:19 AM »
with the cape you have, you don't need a backplate.   Rule is so long as the cape has enough coverage that you couldn't tell you aren't wearing one.   3/4 coverage or better.

Late Crusader WIP

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #68 on: Oct 12, 2015, 01:20 AM »
with the cape you have, you don't need a backplate.   Rule is so long as the cape has enough coverage that you couldn't tell you aren't wearing one.   3/4 coverage or better.

Indeed, but I still plan on adding a backplate, they're sexy

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #69 on: Oct 12, 2015, 01:21 AM »
fair enough.

Late Crusader WIP

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #70 on: Oct 12, 2015, 02:48 AM »
Looks good, man! If you don't get approved with that I would be shocked! 8) Also want to clarify, my suggestions were more about potential upgrades and just aiming for perfect. I'm 98% sure you woulda been approved, but I gave my feedback regardless :)

« Reply #71 on: Oct 12, 2015, 02:03 PM »
Where did you get those boots!?! They're gorgeous!

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #72 on: Oct 12, 2015, 07:22 PM »
the boots are cheap costume boots, weathered with acrylic paints.

Here's my application photos...

Can't wait to continue perfecting my costume... Really excited for some fun with you all!

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #73 on: Oct 14, 2015, 06:51 PM »
This pic shows the weathering a bit better.

plate alignment is a little funky in the pic (partly due to camera angle, partly due to a hastily put on kit)

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #74 on: Oct 14, 2015, 07:56 PM »
Muy bueno! :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!