Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My WIP

• 29 Replies

Echo9

My WIP
« on: Aug 11, 2015, 01:08 PM »
Ok.. liked Gnar Gnar's thread and thought it'd be a good idea to make myself a list to keep track of progress.
Feeling a tad overwhelmed!!

ok:
Flight suit - scrubs. done!
vest - almost complete
gloves - done!
boots - done!
Rope belt - need to make
ammo pouches - need to make
trophies - ??? if i have time
kama - need to make
loin cloth - need to make
shoulder cape - need to make

bucket - cheat bucket arriving tuesday
armor - primed! **still need to make knees**
gauntlets - shaped!
weapon - cheater boba gun coming tuesday

am i missing something? i'm missing something right?

« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2015, 01:12 PM by Echo9 » Logged

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: My WIP
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2015, 02:54 PM »
Relax, we got you 8) 

That list looks pretty complete.  Trophies are optional and you can always add them later so don't stress on those.  Not sure what the "frot panel" is unless you mean a loin cloth?

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2015, 01:29 AM »
Not too shabby of a list there vod,

For ammo pouches, I have some you can have for cheap... they are on my sales thread, but if you're in the vanity area, then i can get em to you free and cheaper than listed on my sales thread.

as for weapons, I've got a DL-44 thats missing a flash hider... should be a super easy mod. something to at least get you buy until your grand idea for a weapon comes through :)

Echo9

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2015, 12:28 PM »
haha yes.. loin cloth. don't worry.. gardengeek and tylek already made fun of me for that one :D

also for PAX, we're gonna cheat with the j2p from amazon. i know you said it was a lot of work but i'm thinking a quick sand and paintjob will make them wearable for PAX and then afterwards we can focus on making proper official buckets.
we're also cheating and getting blasters.. same thing, quick paint job then we can make proper weapons later on.

also.. my mom was making a flak vest for me and then tylek comes over and shows off his beautiful one and she's like 'oh.. that's easier to make' haha. but we're keeping it as is for now and then she'll make a better one later. lol

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2015, 10:04 PM »
haha yes.. loin cloth. don't worry.. gardengeek and tylek already made fun of me for that one :D

also for PAX, we're gonna cheat with the j2p from amazon. i know you said it was a lot of work but i'm thinking a quick sand and paintjob will make them wearable for PAX and then afterwards we can focus on making proper official buckets.
we're also cheating and getting blasters.. same thing, quick paint job then we can make proper weapons later on.

also.. my mom was making a flak vest for me and then tylek comes over and shows off his beautiful one and she's like 'oh.. that's easier to make' haha. but we're keeping it as is for now and then she'll make a better one later. lol

Your strategy for pax mirrors mine for fan expo, it works, and bonus! Once you redo the parts you have stunt armor for filming!

Echo9

« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2015, 11:18 AM »
Filming???

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2015, 10:15 PM »
Filming???

ya! who doesn't want to film themselves doing crazy stunts in their armor?  :laugh:

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2015, 08:37 PM »
Posting here for updates as well :P

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2015, 01:31 AM »
what is this film think you speak of . I have my vid phone

you can never have to many guns when you hunt

Echo9

« Reply #9 on: Aug 17, 2015, 01:25 PM »
updates! k so updated my first post. and now pics!

k so my mom got frustrated with trying to make a flak vest and hired a seamstress to do it. except that it's 2" too big EVERYWHERE! But Gardengeek came to the rescue!! and she is so amazing and is gonna fix it (i owe her big time!)

Gaunts shaped! woo!

Primed!!

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2015, 04:05 PM »
Beautiful pup!

and..

you know..

the rest of the stuff too ;)

The vest looks cool other than the obvious sizing issues, and the gaunts came out great.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
« Reply #11 on: Aug 18, 2015, 12:16 AM »
i have my wife do all the sewing since she learned from her mom who was a tailor . I love my wife and not afraid to lease her out for favors .

you can never have to many guns when you hunt

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #12 on: Aug 18, 2015, 01:17 AM »
looking good vod.

did you already do your mounting system for the armor?

Echo9

« Reply #13 on: Aug 18, 2015, 03:09 AM »
i'm gonna bribe tylek with alcohol to help me on thursday :P
chicago screws!

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #14 on: Aug 18, 2015, 01:17 PM »
i'm gonna bribe tylek with alcohol to help me on thursday :P
chicago screws!

if you have any paint on the backside of the armor, make sure to sand it off so the screws stay on permanently.

I'm thinking chicago screws as well... waiting to do vest and plate mounting until next armor party... I'm scared sheebless of messing it up...

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!