Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Yodamann's Sintra WIP

• 123 Replies

Aden Banto

• Out of my entire arsenal, fear is my best weapon.
Re: Yodamann's Sintra WIP
« Reply #15 on: Nov 07, 2015, 06:54 PM »
Looks like your collar plate is gonna need some trimming on the outside. Including your chest pieces. If we can get a better picture up close well be able to help you out with the trimming.....

Nice colors!  8)

« Reply #16 on: Nov 07, 2015, 07:13 PM »
What angle would be needed?

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Nov 07, 2015, 07:52 PM »
Yeah, your chestplates are too big. The belly plate should end at about your belly button, give or take an inch or so. Your collar should fit between the balls of your shoulders, and the chestplates should follow roughly the curve of your pectorals. If you lift your arms straight in front of you, or cross your arms, and the plates bonk together badly or stab you in the arms, they're still too big.

As for the gauntlets, with your arm out straight, about four fingers' room at the crook of your elbow will give you enough space to wear them comfortably.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 04:37 PM »
So now that classes and finals are done, I hope to finish this over the summer. On the subject of the armor plates, would it be recommended to start over, or cut down the plates I already have? And if I am cutting down the existing plates, I should flatten them out again, yes?

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 05:28 PM »
I'd recommend trimming what you have, rather than starting over.  But that's up to you.  Whichever way works best for you, go for it!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 05:10 PM »

So I printed out some new templates, and before I get to far again, how does this look for size/placement?

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 06:27 PM »
Something about the angle of that photo makes your melon look elongated, like you're part Muun. 

In my eyes, the collar is sitting a little low and may be a little wide.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:06 PM by Darth_Vemon » Logged
K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 07:45 PM »
As far as I know, I'm full human, so I'll blame the mirror for the noggin shenanigans. So if the template is too big, if I printed them out at say, 90-95%, that would be good?

Havelock

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 08:56 PM »
As far as I know, I'm full human, so I'll blame the mirror for the noggin shenanigans. So if the template is too big, if I printed them out at say, 90-95%, that would be good?

Yep.  Give that a try.  And when you place the template for a pic, make sure the collar is almost choking you.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 07:49 PM »
I'm back with another template! This one is definitely better, but is it right?

Havelock

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 08:22 PM »
Looks much better, vod.

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 08:44 PM »
Added some more templates to the set, the end of the belly plate is about 5 cm above the ol' belly button. Earlier in the thread, it was said that it should end about 3 cm lower. Is this just spacing, or is my torso oddly proportioned?

EDIT:

How about some pictures?

and with belly button reference

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:55 PM by Yodamann » Logged

Havelock

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 09:37 PM »
Your plates look a bit bunched up. Ideally, you want about an inch between the collar and chest pieces, and the chest pieces and ab plate.  No more than half an inch for the diamond.  So if you space out the torso plates a bit using - literally - the rule of thumb, that should just about take care of it.

And everybody's torsos are different.  Some have long torsos, some have shorter.  You'll get the perfect size, vod.  Keep up the great work.

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2016, 01:11 PM »
I reflattened the plates, and it looks like I'll be able to just cut with no problem... except for the collar plate. If I use the existing plate, I'll lose about 1 cm on each side of the neck. That shouldn't be a problem, right?

And I guess I'll have to sand the stripe off too before repainting.

EDIT:

I got the back plate template cut out too:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 01:51 AM by Yodamann » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2016, 10:52 AM »
Your plates could stand to come down maybe an inch or two. I think that is what is causing the bunching issue. My ab plates end just above my belly button.

Back plate looks ok size wize. You just have to be careful about how it sits around your shoulder joints. That's more of an issue with shaping that we can cover once you cut everything out.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!