Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Fan-Expo 2016

• 62 Replies

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Fan-Expo 2016
« Reply #15 on: Aug 19, 2015, 05:23 PM »
I love the idea of panels.    I'm not knocking it at all, but this is their current photo op:

of course that also comes down to if they WANT help improving it... they might be happy with it and take our offer as meddling... all things in good time.   Love the idea of a panel.   I'll ask around and get some ideas, see if anyone has done a slide show or something like that for a similar panel that we can use or at least start from

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #16 on: Aug 19, 2015, 05:26 PM »
I love the idea of panels.    I'm not knocking it at all, but this is their current photo op:

of course that also comes down to if they WANT help improving it... they might be happy with it and take our offer as meddling... all things in good time.   Love the idea of a panel.   I'll ask around and get some ideas, see if anyone has done a slide show or something like that for a similar panel that we can use or at least start from

San Diego and Los Angeles Clans both do Panels... And I just happen to be in the area (San Diego does a really great job for comic con apparently)... I can see if I can take their management out to lunch and pick their brains...

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #17 on: Aug 19, 2015, 05:31 PM »
cool, please do, if you can

Late Crusader WIP

Echo9

« Reply #18 on: Aug 19, 2015, 09:54 PM »
i like the idea of helping the 501st in civvies and then doing a panel about how to make a mando
could end up recruiting some interested peeps :D

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #19 on: Aug 20, 2015, 03:05 PM »
We can shoot are own teaser/fun video using any props and sets we make for the booth too... Thats more of another project, but sets and parts are definitely more than just for booths...

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #20 on: Aug 20, 2015, 03:21 PM »
FYI, I've been informed that Mercs kits are not allowed to be in "fan films"... I have no clue what the extent of that is, if we can do a 10 second clip for Mercs promo or whatever.. but ... something to keep in mind

Late Crusader WIP

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #21 on: Aug 20, 2015, 03:29 PM »
Fan films are different than what I'm talks by about. They are referring to the crowd funded films and stuff, there are some cool little 2 minute films featuring mercs everywhere

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #22 on: Aug 20, 2015, 03:30 PM »
cool.   just throwing it out there.   

Late Crusader WIP

bassplaya

• Nothing worth doing is easy
« Reply #23 on: Aug 20, 2015, 04:41 PM »
What do.you mean mercs aren't allowed in fan films? Does the entire star wars community hate us that much?

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #24 on: Aug 20, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Here is the Announcement about fan films. Read and interpret for yourself as I don't want to misrepresent what's said with a TL;DR.

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Echo9

« Reply #25 on: Aug 21, 2015, 10:35 AM »
I'm guessing that's regarding galactic battles?? Aww that sucks. It's a shame that as non - cannon characters we still have to follow Lucas films' rules

« Reply #26 on: Aug 21, 2015, 01:42 PM »
I do not wish to crush the creative flow that is being created here but I have to caution against the presumption of the close ties you wish to spring board off the local 501st.  This idealism with the best of intentions if not proposed and clearly worded is how animosity and jealousy issues start, between the groups.  What you are suggesting is not a bad idea as long as they agree to it and is proposed on their forum for all their members to see and judge.  However there will be members who do not see the logic or positive intent, of another groups services.  They have sufficient membership to man their booth on their own without the need of us, to the point of overflowing with their own members.  We are better off at an adjoined table and doing the leg work of gaining a table on our own.  I have seen it on the boards the animosity between the different groups in other regions and we don't need the drama in our growing stage.

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #27 on: Aug 21, 2015, 02:05 PM »
I do not wish to crush the creative flow that is being created here but I have to caution against the presumption of the close ties you wish to spring board off the local 501st.  This idealism with the best of intentions if not proposed and clearly worded is how animosity and jealousy issues start, between the groups.  What you are suggesting is not a bad idea as long as they agree to it and is proposed on their forum for all their members to see and judge.  However there will be members who do not see the logic or positive intent, of another groups services.  They have sufficient membership to man their booth on their own without the need of us, to the point of overflowing with their own members.  We are better off at an adjoined table and doing the leg work of gaining a table on our own.  I have seen it on the boards the animosity between the different groups in other regions and we don't need the drama in our growing stage.

I'm in constant contact with them and their staff, meet with their CO to discuss these things in person, and organize/host cross-club social events on a regular basis.  He insisted that the right way to go about it would be to share a booth and said in no uncertain terms that we should NOT get separate booths.

Late Crusader WIP

bassplaya

• Nothing worth doing is easy
« Reply #28 on: Aug 21, 2015, 03:58 PM »
By the sounds of it the only way we will get proper respect would be to bring something to the table. Let's definitely bring up the hunt idea to them and see if they are Willing to make room for a cage or even double up the booths for a discount. We.could.easily incorporate a stormy or officer to say a line describing why people are being taken away by random mandos. It just bugs me how it's more of an issue of who's stealing who's thunder than have fun and charity work

« Reply #29 on: Aug 21, 2015, 09:04 PM »
I'm in constant contact with them and their staff, meet with their CO to discuss these things in person, and organize/host cross-club social events on a regular basis.  He insisted that the right way to go about it would be to share a booth and said in no uncertain terms that we should NOT get separate booths.

That's good to hear, it has not gone over so smoothly in other territories, hence my caution.

With that out of the way.  MMCC usually have the bounty hunt as their thing.
501st have the Droid Hunt,

Perhaps between the 501st, RL, and MMCC we can create a new crowd interactive game?

Canadians have contributed many firsts to the SW Clubs this could be a good opportunity for a new first.

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!