Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First build Farghul WIP

• 185 Replies

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: First build alien concepts/WIP
« Reply #75 on: Feb 09, 2016, 08:00 PM »
Keep up the good work!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #76 on: Feb 09, 2016, 11:11 PM »
Lookin good!!

« Reply #77 on: Feb 17, 2016, 02:20 AM »
Thanks guys!

Things have been busy in my garage recently, and I am all over the place in projects right now. I've got my gaunts almost all put together-I just have to decide on a closure method. My flack vest has eyelets put into it now so I can attach my plates with chicago  screws. I have also added a knee portion on top of my shnees to flush them out a bit more.

The biggest thing though is PAINTING!  ;D

Obviously things look like they are all over the place here too, but my bucket is all painted, I just have to remove all of the tape tomorrow! All of my stenciling is cut out and ready to put onto my chest and ab plates as well.

(yeah, not as detailed as my drawing, but my hands were starting to think I was insane after an hour of cutting, and I am thinking it will still look ok like this.)

Myra Tiin

• Outer Space Vandal
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Mobile Engineers Brigade Member
« Reply #78 on: Feb 17, 2016, 07:53 AM »
It does not look okay, it looks AWESOME :D
Your build is really interesting, and I'm looking forward to see what's next.

Desert ops Brigades - WIP  - Pixel Mandos
 QMU #017 - KOVA #002 - EMTS #118
« Reply #79 on: Feb 17, 2016, 10:54 AM »
Fantastic work so far.  :)

Can't wait to see this finished.

"... we think too often in terms of dualism: Jedi or Sith, light or dark, right or wrong. But there are three sides to this blade, not two, opposed and similar at the same time . . . the third edge is the Mandalorian."   - Vergere

Armor WIP
« Reply #80 on: Feb 17, 2016, 10:43 PM »
I couldn't wait to see how my bucket turned out, so I got a REALLY early start this morning  :laugh: This is pretty much going to be a picture dump, so I'm sorry about that (but....not too sorry)

Here is what my bucket looks like- the visor is not attached yet. I'm still trying to figure out how I should attach it. putting holes in my visor makes me scared since I only have the one, but I don't really want to hot glue it in either  :-\

Yes you do see my chest plates in the background too! I just knocked it out of the ballpark today with painting and weathering.

Personally I think the weathering looks pretty good. Part of it was what I actually wanted to do, and part of it was the tape pulling up some of the paint, but it adds character and is so random that I think it looks fine. What are your thoughts?

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #81 on: Feb 17, 2016, 11:41 PM »
 :o :o :o Nicely done ner vod! The detailing on the chest plates is SUPER clean!

Don't be afraid to put holes in your visor, nylon bolts are the best way to attach the visor, makes it WAY easier to remove if necessary.

Can't wait to see more progress!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2
« Reply #82 on: Feb 17, 2016, 11:54 PM »
The detailing on the chest plates is SUPER clean!

I was really hoping it would be since it took several hours to make the stencils for it!  :laugh:

Sounds like I will be needing to go to the hardware store to find nylon bolts. Any suggestions on easily lining up the visor once bolts are in? I think that is the part that scares me most about putting holes in it. I have a horrible record for not aligning things right the first time.

Naasad Tal

• Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #83 on: Feb 17, 2016, 11:57 PM »
Drill the holes first, make sure to leave plant of overlap to mount the bolts, then mark where the holes are & hot glue the bolts in place

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #84 on: Feb 18, 2016, 12:02 AM »
Youve drafted my interest! Very nice Scatchbuild on that helmet! Those plates are looking awesome too! also your sculpting a mask, if I had one of those picture things Like Niabi Id totally post it up! Im impressed!

QMU#084
« Reply #85 on: Feb 18, 2016, 12:18 AM »
Drill the holes first, make sure to leave plant of overlap to mount the bolts, then mark where the holes are & hot glue the bolts in place
Duh! I think I have been around paint/bondo/resin fumes too much. I have forgotten how to use my thinker.

Youve drafted my interest! Very nice Scatchbuild on that helmet! Those plates are looking awesome too! also your sculpting a mask, if I had one of those picture things Like Niabi Id totally post it up! Im impressed!
Thank you very much Bowfanny! I have done a lot of looking at your helmets for motivation, so that is high praise!  :D

Naasad Tal

« Reply #86 on: Feb 18, 2016, 12:20 AM »
Duh! I think I have been around paint/bondo/resin fumes too much. I have forgotten how to use my thinker.

Wait till you discover Devcon Plastic Welder :P

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan
« Reply #87 on: Feb 18, 2016, 12:43 AM »
Wait till you discover Devcon Plastic Welder :P
The way you are saying that methinks I would prefer to never experience it  :laugh:

Darth Tenebrus

• brokar beskar'gam, kad'la ga'amur
« Reply #88 on: Feb 18, 2016, 01:34 AM »
Awesome build Ner'vod! I'm thinking I might need an alien build for my second try... after I get experience with sintra, bondo, and the likes.  Your tail, claws, ear armor, mask sculpting....there's nothing I'm not impressed by!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #89 on: Feb 18, 2016, 03:19 AM »
I'm really enjoying watching this come together.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!