Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First build Farghul WIP

• 185 Replies

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago 40+ hrs Charity
Re: First build alien concepts/WIP
« Reply #90 on: Feb 18, 2016, 07:56 AM »
Ehehehe that helmet is awesome ;D

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7
« Reply #91 on: Feb 18, 2016, 02:31 PM »
 :o

From where i'm sitting that stencil came out perfect!

Good luck on the bolts.  :)

"... we think too often in terms of dualism: Jedi or Sith, light or dark, right or wrong. But there are three sides to this blade, not two, opposed and similar at the same time . . . the third edge is the Mandalorian."   - Vergere

Armor WIP

Malek Dair

• Ratiin ba'balut oya!
« Reply #92 on: Feb 18, 2016, 03:31 PM »
Cannot believe I haven't stumbled upon this build sooner. Your scratch build is stellar. Also, the paint work on the plates turned out amazing! The dragon detailing is a huge stand out.

Following this beautiful build with interest!

Keep up the great work vod! Oya!

Armour Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=94290.0

Helmet Thread (COMPLETED): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=95445.0

Soft Parts: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=107583.0

Gauntlets: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=114126.0

Education and armor, self defense, our tribe, our language and Our Leader All help us Survive

M.V.S. #29
B.O.M.B. #65
B.o.B.B. #009
« Reply #93 on: Feb 18, 2016, 11:42 PM »
So while I wait for the E6000 to dry to the nylon bolts on my bucket I decided it was about darn time I got my plates attached. So, how does this spacing look? I lined it all up with the past markings that had been ok'ed, but I wanted to check one last time before I made it permanent

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #94 on: Feb 18, 2016, 11:50 PM »
One of the chest plates is slightly higher or lower than the other. Left is lower(your left) and the right is higher. It's only like 1/4-1/2 inch difference.

QMU#084
« Reply #95 on: Feb 18, 2016, 11:53 PM »
Other than that it looks good though?

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #96 on: Feb 19, 2016, 11:37 AM »
Looks good to me. Little out as mentioned but that's expected with tape, pretty sure you'll have it all straight when it's permanent.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #97 on: Feb 20, 2016, 12:13 AM »
Well I put my visor in today, and my color/mirror tint isn't sitting the way I want it to at all :( It almost looks crinkly, so I will have to figure out some way to fix it, just not sure exactly how to at this point. I am also having issues with the bolts at the bottom not wanting to stay glued down.

In other news I have my chest plates attached now with chicago screws and velcro (for slight adjustments) and I have started putting together my weapons.

And even more fun news, the husband has finally started drawing up plans for his mando. I think he may be slightly jealous of mine.

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #98 on: Feb 20, 2016, 02:44 AM »
Jealousy is a good motivator!

QMU#084

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #99 on: Feb 20, 2016, 09:09 AM »
Jealousy is a good motivator!
It's why I'm building my wife her own kit, I think.  She's not the handy type, but she did cut her own diamond out.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Bowfanny

« Reply #100 on: Feb 20, 2016, 10:05 AM »
It's why I'm building my wife her own kit, I think.  She's not the handy type, but she did cut her own diamond out.
I wish my partner would want to build a kit. I have a hard enough time getting her to costume at all unless it's something like a pirate wench or old Victorian gowns.

QMU#084

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #101 on: Feb 20, 2016, 05:27 PM »
I wish my partner would want to build a kit. I have a hard enough time getting her to costume at all unless it's something like a pirate wench or old Victorian gowns.
Take those as a win, vod. ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #102 on: Feb 20, 2016, 07:09 PM »

That is what I will be doing for hubby. I got the hands on experience for scratch bucket building, and I am the one with sewing skills. It should be fun, but stressful too I am sure haha

« Reply #103 on: Feb 23, 2016, 01:47 AM »
So while I am working on my weapons I have been playing with my armor! It is all dirtied up now.

I feel that pictures don't do it justice, but I can't get any better pictures than that until there is sunlight out.

I am also working on how to attach my shnees. I was planning on using parachute clips and leather strips, but now I am wondering: Are the clips allowed to show? I didn't see anything specific in the CRLs and doing a search on the forum shows that most people hide them. Are they considered too modern to be shown? Either way I will be using them, the answer will just be the deciding factor on placement. :)
Gaunts and shnees are almost all painted at this point. Just one more layer of paint and then I can start doing my weathering on those too.
One last quick question- I know hardware store buckets have been used for helmets, but is the material good for making plates with? I am fresh out of sintra and still have to do a back plate (thinking of doing it sectioned). Since they only run $3 at the Ace here I was thinking of picking some up, but don't want to get something that won't work out .

Thank you for all of your help vod!

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #104 on: Feb 23, 2016, 08:30 AM »
The parachute clips are fine to be exposed...lots of folks (including myself) use them as closures for their vests & I also use them as closures on my shknees

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!