Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Gutting toy blasters

• 6 Replies

Teligent

• "If the cred is right, I'm in"
Gutting toy blasters
« on: Sep 02, 2015, 04:42 PM »
So I am working on sketching up my gauntlets. On one arm I'm thinking of doing small blasters that would be 'activated' by the press of a button. To make it more realistic I want sounds for it. Would I be able to gut out a toy blaster, install in inside the gauntlet and wire it to a button instead of a trigger? I've never really messed with wiring before so I wanna get this right.

"The things I do, I do for my family and my clan."

steck

Re: Gutting toy blasters
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2015, 08:04 PM »
The couple toy guns I've taken apart have a butten wired up to it, the trigger has a nub sticking out to push the button. Failing that you shouldn't have to much trouble wiring a button in place of a switch.

Teligent

« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2015, 08:22 PM »
The couple toy guns I've taken apart have a butten wired up to it, the trigger has a nub sticking out to push the button. Failing that you shouldn't have to much trouble wiring a button in place of a switch.
Right on. I've never taken anything apart food this sort of thing of messed with wires. This helps me though!

steck

« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2015, 02:36 AM »
Worst comes to worst, just post some pictures of what you have. Someone should be able to help you.

Kuu

• As Haran Mhi Nu'Lise' - Ja'haili' Ni
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2015, 10:38 AM »
Why stop with one sound, one button, and a dinky speaker? :)

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2217

This one is pricey yes, more than a toy gun likely, but a) it has an amplifier on board already b) you can have up to 10 buttons and everything from weapon sounds to music files (and who doesn't need theme music?)

Don't be intimidated because you're new with electronics. That board is very newbie friendly to use. Just run through this tutorial and you'll have the coolest gaunt around:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-audio-fx-sound-board/triggering-audio

| aka "Matt R." | Helpful Stuff |Facebook | VRCA #053 | M.V.S. #10 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #77 | S.P.A.R.C.K. #2 | OM: Sept. 20, 2014

Teligent

« Reply #5 on: Sep 03, 2015, 11:40 AM »
Why stop with one sound, one button, and a dinky speaker? :)

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2217

This one is pricey yes, more than a toy gun likely, but a) it has an amplifier on board already b) you can have up to 10 buttons and everything from weapon sounds to music files (and who doesn't need theme music?)

Don't be intimidated because you're new with electronics. That board is very newbie friendly to use. Just run through this tutorial and you'll have the coolest gaunt around:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-audio-fx-sound-board/triggering-audio
I will certainly look ink that thanks. Would that site have our would you know of a product that will enhance the outside sounds info my helmet? Like a 360 external sound amplifier like thing?

Kuu

• As Haran Mhi Nu'Lise' - Ja'haili' Ni
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions

| aka "Matt R." | Helpful Stuff |Facebook | VRCA #053 | M.V.S. #10 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #77 | S.P.A.R.C.K. #2 | OM: Sept. 20, 2014

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!