Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Character Background

• 5 Replies

Oren-Cathal

• You cannot judge me! I am Justice itself!
Character Background
« on: Sep 07, 2015, 01:36 PM »
Hey howdy,

I know the Mercs don't allow ex-force users, but I was curious as to whom to talk to to see about how I could wiggle around this. As the charcter background I had in mind was a ex-force user but was in fact cut off from the force. So he is in fact unable to even use it or feel it.

I have a rough backstory written if that would help at all, just the direction I have planned for Oren this background fits well.

Any answers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2015, 01:55 PM by Oren-Cathal » Logged

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Character Background
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2015, 01:57 PM »
As far as I know, your backstory can be whatever the heck you want it to be... The only thing The Mercs can care about is what props you have on your kit visually.  In fact.. I'm going to declare right now, Zophar is a tentacled spaghetti monster in human form due to a Nightsisters curse.   Who cares :P   So long as you don't o with the lightsaber on your hilt, everything else is negotiable :P

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2015, 02:25 PM »
I thought so, but I just wanted to be sure. I have no intention of him flinging people around with the Force or wielding a lightsaber. I wanted him to carry his ruined saber and Padawan braid as a kind of tribute to what he left behind.
Here is what I had in mind, please keep in mind it's super rough. Wrote this last night.

His face scrunched as he felt a pang of discomfort deep in the pit of his stomach, he blinked rapidly as if that might make the pain subside. But slowly it faded to a dull ache as he shut his eyes again, replacing his hands to his knees. He didn't get much time to meditate anymore with the war, so he was taking full advantage of the down time awarded his Master and him by the Council. He sat with his legs crossed in his borrowed quarters, which was more like a closet with a bed. Not that he minded, anywhere to rest was always a welcome one.

He let out a sharp cry, catching himself on his hands before he fell forward. Then it hit him again, much stronger this time. He leaned back and clutched at his belly, the sensation of being stabbed again and again nearly overwhelming. His eyes were watering, his head pounding. His breath came out ragged as he forced himself to focus, fighting back the pain that was attacking him. He slowly found his feet, resisting the need to use the wall to keep himself standing. So much... Anguish. It was the downfall to being "blessed" an empath, personally he disliked it. To constantly know how someone was feeling, borderline what they might be thinking.

He opened the door to his room, and the sounds that assaulted his senses had him step back inside. Screams and blasterfire were the most dominant outside, half turning he held out his hand. His lightsaber soared through the air to his waiting hand, he then turned and moved into the dark hallway. He had needles piercing the backs of his eyes, the pain in his stomach held at bay by a small force of will. Moving down the hallway on silent feet, he clutched his saber. His heart thrummed heavy beneath his chest, loud enough in his ears he thought it might be heard above the sounds radiating inside the Temple.

He burst out from the hallway, his hand swinging in a downward strike as his lightsaber burst to life. It's bright blue light cutting the near darkness as it's hum added to the noise, but he stopped the strike short when he saw the Clone Trooper. He almost smiled, help had come to whatever was going on. He arm raises high as the Clone turned and raised his weapon, the horror sunk in. Without thinking he raised his left hand, lashing out in the Force. The Clone was struck hard by something unseen, the impact enough to crack his armor a split second before he was carried off into the air. But he didn't wait to see what happened after, he just turned and ran. He took a moment to rest in a dark hallway, trying to catch his breath while keeping the pain at bay. Everything was becoming clear, the stomach ache, the Clone. They were killing everyone in the Temple...

As he slowly exited into an open area he nearly didn't get his lightsaber up in time, the blade buzzed. He deflected the first bolt, but the second struck the hilt just as he moved to block it. The saber died as it fell from his burned hand, the pain was just another to add to what he was feeling. He twisted and dipped as the Troopers kept firing at him, seeing now there were two. His breath whistled in his already burning lungs, he was mearly a Padawan. What chance did he have against seasoned Clones, and who knew how many. He dug deep, ready to give whatever he had left. Waiting for the right moment he charged in, raising both hands at the same instant he clenched them into fists. Both of the Clones bent backwards at the torso at impossible angles, the snap was horrible and seemed to echo forever. It was right then that it was all too much for him.

He dropped to his knees, vomiting on the tiled floor. Tears streamed from his eyes, his head felt like it might explode. The emotions and pain that was washing over him was a weight he couldn't bare, his hands coming up to grasp at his hair. He couldn't help but to scream, curling up on himself not knowing what else to do. Leaning forward into his knees, he just cried and screamed. He just wanted it to stop, to go away forever. His body trembled as he vomited again between his knees, but like suddenly waking from a nightmare it was gone. The pain in his eyes and head, the knife in his stomach. All the emotions. Everyone was dead.... No, wait. He slowly stood, he could still hear the blasters and screams. Frowning, he looked around.

Everything around him seemed so dull, it felt... he couldn't fell anything. He stepped over to his ruined lightsaber, picking it up with blackened fingers he tucked it into his belt. Letting out a slow quiet breath he moved to the wall, creeping to a corner he peered around. What he saw had tears flowing again, he couldn't feel their pain but he could see it. He watched in shock and disbelief as Troopers shot down Jedi young and old, there was no discrimination. The Clones he could well have stood beside in battle, the Jedi had come to trust them. Why? But it was a question for another time, he pushed away from the wall and ran to the shadows as he noticed a group of Clones moving his way. Slipping into the darkness he moved towards the lower levels, only escape on his mind now. He couldn't feel the Force, had it abandoned them when the Jedi would need it most?

He couldn't remember the route he took, but he was outside. The Temple was in the distance, he could see it smoking. The sun was coming up, he had to be away from here. He had found some sort of metal in the under level of the Temple, he had used it to cut his braid free. Which was now tucked into his belt beside his saber, the braid would have given him away. He had also grabbed a dirty old blanket, or what he assumed to be one. He wrapped it around himself, it stunk but then again so did he. It helped make everyone keep their distance, which right now was just what he wanted. As he turned to put more ground between him and the Temple he stopped, as he turned back to look his eyes were wide. His Master was in the Temple with him, what had happened to him? And without thinking, an emotion bubbled to the surface. One he had worked so hard to keep in check. It felt right in this moment, the anger filled him. It seemed to warm him to his core, his hands were shaking as his brow furrowed in a frown.

"I vow to seek Justice, for not only my Master but for all Jedi. The Force may be gone, but the price of betrayal shall be repaid. No matter the cost, I will find a way. This I promise."

His voice was not even a whisper, not that anyone was near enough to hear him anyway. It was a boys promise, but one he sought to keep. And like that he turned his back on the Temple and his past, heading into an unknown future.

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2015, 02:28 PM by Oren-Cathal » Logged

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2015, 04:19 PM »
Yeah, I think that kind of background is fine. Like Zophar said, just make sure the saber looks non-functioning and no one will bother you :)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Oren-Cathal

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2015, 05:11 PM »
Yeah, I think that kind of background is fine. Like Zophar said, just make sure the saber looks non-functioning and no one will bother you :)

I kinda thought, it always better safe then sorry right. And that's why in the story I added the part of the saber being shot. I plan on having a nice decent blaster mark in it.

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2015, 07:40 PM »
As far as I know, your backstory can be whatever the heck you want it to be... The only thing The Mercs can care about is what props you have on your kit visually.  In fact.. I'm going to declare right now, Zophar is a tentacled spaghetti monster in human form due to a Nightsisters curse.   Who cares :P   So long as you don't o with the lightsaber on your hilt, everything else is negotiable :P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!