Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Battlefront jet pack (new greeblie pg 6)

• 79 Replies

Vinthiz

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Battlefront jet pack (updated with schematics)
« Reply #75 on: Mar 22, 2016, 01:18 PM »
well it's been a while since I've done anything to this pack, but I thought it was finally time to update this a little.
so the main detail I am focusing on with this update is the "towel rack" greeblie

I guesstimated the size of the bar and decided to use 1/2 inch schedule 40 PVC, it may be a little thick, but not at the level that it would bother me. I also decided to make the mounts out of sintra

the start

a dry fit to check size

mounting plate and filled in the gap between the two outer pieces with heated, bent, and trimmed sintra

and finally some bondo.
next step is sanding then paint. I still have to figure out how I want to mount it, I am thinking about using pop rivets and epoxy then covering the rivets with the fake bolt heads I am going to have to make, or just using epoxy

"Nice blaster, it's a start. So what do you do with your free hand? Fix your hair, strike a pose, or is your aim so shaky you need two?" -Gen Vizla

Vinthiz

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Battlefront jet pack (updated with schematics)
« Reply #76 on: Mar 23, 2016, 06:42 PM »
More progress!

sanded and primed

and main color. I went without the silver coat because last time I did the silver coat under this paint it had quite a bit of crinkle. so now I just have to wait for the paint to dry and then weather it

"Nice blaster, it's a start. So what do you do with your free hand? Fix your hair, strike a pose, or is your aim so shaky you need two?" -Gen Vizla

Vinthiz

Re: Battlefront jet pack (new greeblie pg 6)
« Reply #77 on: Mar 27, 2016, 03:09 AM »
weathered, matte coated, and finished!

complete with fake bolts and everything. Now all I have left is the vents on the sides and this thing will be done, however that is a project for another time :laugh:

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #78 on: Mar 27, 2016, 09:20 AM »
Looks Brilliant mate ...   ;D

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Vhett Naast

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #79 on: Mar 28, 2016, 03:35 PM »
Nice addition man! looks very in-game accurate, it's all in the details right?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!