Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New Boba Fett Helmet from Target

• 134 Replies

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: New Boba Fett Helmet from Target
« Reply #120 on: Jan 31, 2016, 10:14 PM »
Ooooh that is fantastic news. Target helmets for erryone! Do you have a source?

...does this mean we'll need a new name for them?  :(

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #121 on: Jan 31, 2016, 10:16 PM »
Ooooh that is fantastic news. Target helmets for erryone! Do you have a source?

...does this mean we'll need a new name for them?  :(

Yes indeed!

How about Rubie's Boba Fett Deluxe? :) That's what the tag on the inside says. :D

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #122 on: Jan 31, 2016, 11:33 PM »
The one in the ebay auction that Bones138 posted a link to is what was at Halloween Express this year. It's an even worse version of the old vinyl soft one we all hate.

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey
« Reply #123 on: Feb 02, 2016, 05:55 PM »
I actually have this helmet, and I don't know what to do with it.

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #124 on: Feb 03, 2016, 12:06 AM »
I actually have this helmet, and I don't know what to do with it.

Just not sure what design you want, or not sure what it will take to make it approvable?

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter Mayhew

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #125 on: Feb 03, 2016, 01:15 AM »
Use some paint thinner and an xacto to carefully remove the lens. Get some fiberglass resin and fiberglass cloth from the automotive section of Walmart or Autozone. Read the instructions carefully and use that to strengthen the inside of that thin plastic. Mix one 2oz cup at a time (like a dipping sauce cup from a restaurant) with 15-25 drops of hardener, and wear gloves (that you'll want to change every 2 or 3 cups). Plan to make a mess. Lay down newspaper over everything.

After that dries overnight, you'll want to clean up the edges with a dremel. Lightly sand the outside of the whole thing with 300-400 grit. Hit it with a primer spray paint, probably two very thin coats. Then start with your metallic color, mask damage, and do the actual colors starting with the one that covers the least area and working up. www.t-visor.com should have a visor that will fit. This one is almost identical in size to a SgtFang or Mystery Helmet.

- MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey
« Reply #126 on: Feb 03, 2016, 11:06 AM »
Just not sure what design you want, or not sure what it will take to make it approvable?
Both.

Aur'on Gur

• Awards Special Weapons 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #127 on: Feb 03, 2016, 11:16 AM »
If you have the Target Boba, the custom Mando mods are relatively simple as the seams are hidden by the ear caps and the overall size and shape is great. Replace or darken the visor (I suggest replacing it as the original is really brittle), fill the dent and reinforce it somehow (fiberglass, bondo, craft rings etc).

M.M.C.C.      #1127
Gunslinger    #1
Official Troops XVIII
 Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid...'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #128 on: Feb 03, 2016, 12:21 PM »
Both.

I hear you on the overall design. It took me a while of talking various elements over with a friend before I finalized the overall elements.

As far as making it approvable, the vod'e who have answered in the last couple posts have given excellent input. I reinforced the side walls of mine with kydex plates. The end result has been that the front and back pieces are much more ridged. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Good luck vod!

Drek'ar Ventress

• Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #129 on: Feb 03, 2016, 04:54 PM »
Use some paint thinner and an xacto to carefully remove the lens. Get some fiberglass resin and fiberglass cloth from the automotive section of Walmart or Autozone. Read the instructions carefully and use that to strengthen the inside of that thin plastic. Mix one 2oz cup at a time (like a dipping sauce cup from a restaurant) with 15-25 drops of hardener, and wear gloves (that you'll want to change every 2 or 3 cups). Plan to make a mess. Lay down newspaper over everything.

After that dries overnight, you'll want to clean up the edges with a dremel. Lightly sand the outside of the whole thing with 300-400 grit. Hit it with a primer spray paint, probably two very thin coats. Then start with your metallic color, mask damage, and do the actual colors starting with the one that covers the least area and working up. www.t-visor.com should have a visor that will fit. This one is almost identical in size to a SgtFang or Mystery Helmet.

I did almost all of this and the end result was amazing and I used a #5 welding shield instead of t-visor.  Most people that check out mine have a hard time believing its the Target helm.  I cant wait to find a few more for later projects.

Here's a link to my helm WIP...from start to finish...
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=99702.0

NegativeEleven

« Reply #130 on: Feb 03, 2016, 11:41 PM »
Nice mirrored welding visor. I didn't know that was an option. I have mirror film on clear plastic in my helmet, but that's a chore. My Boba Fett has one from t-visor because I messed up the tint film so many times, it was just easier to buy it already done for me!

- MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey

Drek'ar Ventress

• Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #131 on: Feb 03, 2016, 11:46 PM »
Nice mirrored welding visor. I didn't know that was an option. I have mirror film on clear plastic in my helmet, but that's a chore. My Boba Fett has one from t-visor because I messed up the tint film so many times, it was just easier to buy it already done for me!

:laugh: its actually not mirrored.  Just really shinny fresh after the install and the sun/lighting was hitting it just right.  Few of the other pics in my WIP show better.  Sorry for any confusion.  ;D

Ju'siik Kelborn

• Anade buirk val nar
« Reply #132 on: Feb 03, 2016, 11:49 PM »
I did almost all of this and the end result was amazing and I used a #5 welding shield instead of t-visor.  Most people that check out mine have a hard time believing its the Target helm.  I cant wait to find a few more for later projects.

Here's a link to my helm WIP...from start to finish...
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=99702.0

Nice bucket there vod.  8) I gotta say, these things turn out nicely with some TLC. :)

« Reply #133 on: Feb 04, 2016, 12:48 AM »
Here is my Target Helmet Modified. I used bondo to fill in the hole, E600 to seal up the seams and Deluxe Slim T-Visor from T-visors.com. The Slim T-Visor is a great fit for replacing the lens. The length had to be trimmed slightly.

« Reply #134 on: Feb 05, 2016, 05:03 PM »
Nice combat gloves!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!