Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Commander Cody jump pack

• 8 Replies

Russiya

• Live for today forget about tomarrow
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Commander Cody jump pack
« on: Sep 11, 2015, 01:22 AM »
Ok so I have been wanting a jet pack ever since I started building my kit but a boba pack is far to large for my taste the arena pack is what I dream to have some day but for the time being i would like to build a jump pack, because I intended to be a gun slinger I like to keep my armor at the lightest amount possible so that I can tote around all of my guns and equipment so I figured a jump pack would fill the jet pack void that I have in my heart . I am basing the pack off of commander cody's rots pack that he wears and hope that the result is much lighter than a traditional jet pack

Jaegun Clark

• #ISCsAreMandosToo
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Re: Commander Cody jump pack
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2015, 02:15 AM »
Commenting to follow. I wanna do something similar to a Cody jetpack - easier on my back, for one XD

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2015, 07:30 AM »
Interesting.  both the Boba pack and the arena pack are way too big for my taste I'll be following this with interest

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2015, 08:50 PM »
I'm got a ton of work lined up to repair my old cody style jetpack (major smoothing problems).

The 501'st has some measurements that I laid over some images to get a rough template.  Once I had that, I made the base out of stacked layers of 1/4" foam I found at the dollar Tree and then coated the entire thing in Bondo Glass.  It was left unfinished, now I'm going back and filling in and smoothing (smoothing was pretty bad, I was 16 and had never worked with Bondo glass before).  It's ultra light though at just over a pound without the engine.  I figure that by the time I finish fixing the many surface issues and installing a new engine it will be 2-3 lbs. 

« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2015, 02:43 AM by Karta Tionas » Logged

Russiya

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2015, 12:13 AM »
Ok so if you have sintra avalible this would be a nice fast and easy build but I do not feel the need to order any sintra do to the fact that I am a plumber and have a ton of scrap plumbing parts that I save this is what I ended up with it is really light and minimal bulk but still gives my kit that last little bit of mando feel I have been eager for the base is a toilet lid that comes with a new toilet kit and then from there on It is water heater parts copper fittings oak wood sole leather tons of bondo and more sanding then it should have ever needed then I brush painted it(as I do most of my mando gives it that in field look) and slapped some clips the back and was finished I will most likely replace it when I finaly decide to pick up some sintra for the build but I am more than satisfied with this build ot turned out great for a one day build and fills my jet pack void

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2015, 04:48 AM »
Looks awesome!

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

reguillet

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 02, 2015, 10:58 AM »
What did you use to connect it? I cant make out what the silver bits on your back plate are. Can I get a pic of the underside of your jetpack?

Russiya

« Reply #7 on: Oct 02, 2015, 03:10 PM »
I used d rings and some clips mounted to the pack since I used a toilet lid as a base the hinges from the lid help keep the spacing between my pack and the back plate I will get a photo of the under side for now here is a photo of me wearing it 

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Oct 02, 2015, 06:21 PM »
Vod, I love this.  I'm planning on shooting for the Force Hunter Brigade, so I'll need a jet pack/jump pack/jet boots or something.  And I love the idea of the jump pack.  This looks phenomenal.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!