Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My scratch built SWG laser carbine WIP...

• 13 Replies

Drek'ar Ventress

• Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
My scratch built SWG laser carbine WIP...
« on: Sep 19, 2015, 10:41 PM »
Just figured I'd add all of my WIPs in one location for easier access...
Helm WIP
Armor WIP
Gauntlet WIP
Pistol WIP

So after I built my SWG FWG-5's, I've been going back and forth on if I wanted a rifle/carbine or just rockin the 2 pistols.  We I just kept coming back to the idea of having all 3, so I broke down this weekend and started building it.

This is what I'm going for... SWG Laser Carbine

What I started with...

Started cutting...

Here's where I'm at after today's work...

Still got a lot of sanding, some bondo, trigger, scope and lots of detailing to do.  But I'm happy with the progress so far.

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2017, 12:40 PM by Drek'ar Ventress » Logged

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: My scratch built SWG laser carbine WIP...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2015, 11:17 PM »
 ;)  I like the looks of this ... I will be watching for updates ... nice Work ner'vod ...  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Drek'ar Ventress

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2015, 11:49 PM »
Thanks ConDar.  ;D

Here's a few updated pics from today's work.  Its getting there, but still a lot of work to do.  Next on the list is to finish the stock and a few more details before I come back and clean everything up w/bondo...

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2017, 12:41 PM by Drek'ar Ventress » Logged

ConDar Ward

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2015, 08:34 AM »
It's looking Very good ...  8)

Ju'siik Kelborn

• When brute force needs dialed to 11
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2015, 10:17 AM »
Nice work! What did you use to make the trigger and trigger guard?

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

Drek'ar Ventress

« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2015, 10:40 AM »
Thanks vod.  The trigger guard is made out of sintra and the trigger itself is made from some scrap leftover boards I had laying around (I believe it was poplar 0.25-in x 6-in x 24-in).  Cut a small piece out, put a groove in the wood/pistol grip where I wanted it to go and glued it in place.  Pretty much same as I did in my pistols, and they have a few more pics.  You can see it here...

Drek'ar Ventress

« Reply #6 on: Sep 23, 2015, 11:48 PM »
Few more updated pics from the last few days.

And this is after the first round of primer so I can see where I need to go back and touch up.

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2017, 12:47 PM by Drek'ar Ventress » Logged

ConDar Ward

« Reply #7 on: Sep 24, 2015, 07:41 AM »
Nice Work Ner'vod ....  ;)

Drek'ar Ventress

« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2015, 09:54 AM »
Update time.  I finally decided on paint for this.  I went w/a soft iron color from Rustolem.  I have to say, it turned out way better than I was expecting.

I've started detailing, weather and painting the grips/stock/scope.  Still a little ways to go but here's how it stands...

It's still a little shinny for me, but I think with a good black wash it will tone it down a lot.

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2017, 12:48 PM by Drek'ar Ventress » Logged
« Reply #9 on: Oct 11, 2015, 12:23 PM »
This looks great vod!

"Only known inhabitant of the Lando System."

ConDar Ward

« Reply #10 on: Oct 11, 2015, 12:43 PM »
Top Notch ...  ;) ;D 8)

Drek'ar Ventress

« Reply #11 on: Oct 11, 2015, 05:15 PM »
Gave it a good black washing today.  Tried to get some decent grime build up.  I wish all the wear would show up in the pics better.  These pics just dont seem to do it justice.  Either way, I think she's done... at least for now  :P

And the original I was trying to duplicate.

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2017, 12:49 PM by Drek'ar Ventress » Logged

Ju'siik Kelborn

• When brute force needs dialed to 11
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Oct 11, 2015, 05:18 PM »
Wow, vod, that is nice! Congrats on a job well done!

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Oct 12, 2015, 09:57 AM »
Thing of beauty...  ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!