Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Concept WIP

• 7 Replies

TalonKrex

• Kit is in progress
First Concept WIP
« on: Jun 05, 2022, 11:22 AM »
Okay, this is my first kit concept, I've been toying with the design ever since AOTC came out and I'm still working on details. I plan to go for both OM status as well as brigade member. I have a helmet in mind, as well as settled on a gauntlet style that I've been given approval on the design for from a brigade marshal. I already have my shoulders and hand plates part way finished, as well as a couple weapons, and a few other things to to flesh things out.

The drawing isn't entirely finished and a couple things have been changes since it was drawn but it's still fairly close
Base concept

I'll be doing the short antenna version
Helmet

Gauntlets

Still need a lot of sanding and work before they are ready
Shoulders and hand plates

Vibro boot knife X2

Signal jammer

« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2022, 02:22 PM by TalonKrex » Logged

Matchstick1021

• Your Daily Splash of Orange
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: First Concept WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2022, 10:16 AM »
Cool looking concept! From what I can see are you planning on post imperial armor? If so unfortunately dusters can’t be worn with that era of armor.

And you’ve got a super good base for a signal jammer! My suggestion would be to add some paint work and greeblies to pull it away from earth like and into the Star Wars universe.

Sucking at something is the first step towards being sort of good at something.
MMCC#2424
Rancor Clan
Traffic Cone #38

TalonKrex

• Kit is in progress
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2022, 06:34 PM »
My plan is for the tail end of modern actually.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2022, 08:47 PM »
My plan is for the tail end of modern actually.

The issue he's bringing up is that your torso plates are clearly based on Din Darin's V2 plates. din Djarin's armor (both versions) are Post Imperial. There is no overlap there. Either the armor is PI or it's Modern. The armor we see in the Clone Wars, Rebels, and the Prequels and Original Trilogy is all Modern armor. What we see in The Mandalorian TV series is Post Imperial.

TalonKrex

• Kit is in progress
« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2022, 10:37 PM »
The issue he's bringing up is that your torso plates are clearly based on Din Darin's V2 plates. din Djarin's armor (both versions) are Post Imperial. There is no overlap there. Either the armor is PI or it's Modern. The armor we see in the Clone Wars, Rebels, and the Prequels and Original Trilogy is all Modern armor. What we see in The Mandalorian TV series is Post Imperial.

Yes, the chest plates in the drawing are post Imperial, however where I have the pic of my drawing the caption says "The drawing isn't entirely finished and a couple things have been changes since it was drawn but it's still fairly close" that drawing is a couple years old and was done before I joined the forums and read through the CRL's

I will be going with the Modern chest plates not the post Imperial.

The duster not being an option on the site, this is probably as close as I can get with Mando generator.

« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2022, 11:20 PM by TalonKrex » Logged

Matchstick1021

• Your Daily Splash of Orange
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2022, 03:56 PM »
If you’re going modern then you can definitely have a duster! You’ve got a solid concept, happy building!

Sucking at something is the first step towards being sort of good at something.
MMCC#2424
Rancor Clan
Traffic Cone #38

TalonKrex

• Kit is in progress
« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2022, 03:51 PM »
And you’ve got a super good base for a signal jammer! My suggestion would be to add some paint work and greeblies to pull it away from earth like and into the Star Wars universe.

Yeah, it's made from a battery tester and the antennas from an old cordless phone stand, a Wi-Fi router, and an old RC car... I still works as a battery tester except for the coin/button port. I tore a wire and resister when I was working on it so hopefully I can fix that. But the plan is black and silver with some weathering, and I want to figure out a way to attach something on the bottom to hide the wire probes

TalonKrex

• Kit is in progress
« Reply #7 on: Jun 15, 2022, 10:37 PM »
I've ordered the soft parts to act as the base of my kit. I decided to go with scrubs. I have found that I'm an odd size when it comes to one piece flight suite so going with something in two pieces makes more sense.

https://scrubscanada.ca/en/origins-men/2084-8006-wonderwink-origins-delta-unisex-round-neck-scrub-jackets-men-s-view.html

Bottoms
https://scrubscanada.ca/en/classix/2286-2000-greentown-classix-straight-leg-pull-on-unisex-cargo-scrub-pants.html

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!