Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Hereticdaves Armour

• 18 Replies

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Hereticdaves Armour
« on: Sep 23, 2015, 08:29 AM »
Hello all. I normally hide in the Vok'chi forum but I figured I'd make an armour topic here to keep my progress up to date. Currently I have most of my soft parts done so now I can start on my plates. Here is the compulsory paper template shot:

I'm well aware that my buy'ce looks ginormous (glasses worn in my bucket) I'm hoping that the addition of the sticky out shoulder plates and possibly a pauldron that the huge bucket might not look so big....

OM# 1621
"Gar taldin ni jaonyc gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la."
"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be."
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Hereticdaves Armour
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2015, 12:09 AM »
Looks like you've got the same bucket problem I do, vod.  :laugh:  Having armor on the heavyish side helps, as well as the aforementioned shoulder padding. If all else fails, some folks make tiny buckets that you can upgrade to. Not the cheapest solution, of course  :(

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2015, 03:13 AM »
Good tips, thanks :D.
So I cut out all my plates (except the back and legs) and I'm looking at them and thinking, how on earth do we attach the cod plate? I'm going with eyelets in the vest for the armour plates. Do people attach it to a belt or straight onto the flight suit, or another genius method?

OM# 1621
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2015, 09:05 AM »
Mine is attached right to my flightsuit, but it's also quite small. If yours winds up heavier you may need to attach it to a belt, yes  :)

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Vinthiz

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2015, 06:57 PM »
I had the same dilemma, vod. I was told a belt is a good way since my cod is metal and heavy, so I made a couple of cloth loops and glued them to my cod plate (I used E6000) then used an extra belt I had lying around. my girth belt hides that belt. hope that helps  ;D

"Nice blaster, it's a start. So what do you do with your free hand? Fix your hair, strike a pose, or is your aim so shaky you need two?" -Gen Vizla

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2015, 11:57 AM »
Build it all out, Trauma plates, asymmetrical heavy shoulders, armored boots the lot, if you paint it as well as you've done the lid it will look great

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2015, 12:29 PM »
Build it all out, Trauma plates, asymmetrical heavy shoulders, armored boots the lot, if you paint it as well as you've done the lid it will look great

/\/\/\this/\/\/\

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
« Reply #7 on: Oct 09, 2015, 12:44 PM »
Over the past week I've been cutting out and shaping some armour plates. I'm missing knees and back plate but I'm getting there:

I got one of those snazzy snap tool thingies and made some removeable plates for my gloves so I can swap out hand plates if I ever need to:

How do people go about attaching toe armour to their boots? I'd like mine to be removable incase I decide to upgrade.

OM# 1621
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2015, 05:43 AM »
Quick update. I've sunk some bolts into the cod piece, it now attaches nicely and securely with a belt:

Finished my gauntlets:

And I've attempted a fix of my bobbleheadedness with some sticky out shoulders, mocked up the support with 3mm plasticard but if it works I'll bash some out of aluminium sheet to make them sturdy enough:

OM# 1621
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2015, 02:13 PM »
I've been very lax in updating my progress, but I've been able to find time to take photos of the finished product. Just some tweaks to do and a few more bits to add:

OM# 1621
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2015, 03:21 PM »
Looking forward to seeing your preapp shots :P

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2015, 03:42 PM »
Cheers, there's a new helmet in the works before I'm ready for those I'm afraid.

OM# 1621
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2015, 03:58 PM »
Hmmmmmm, pre-pre-app photos? 8) I command it to be so by the power of... errrrr... *thinks* by the power of thermal detonators!

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2015, 03:58 PM »
What is wrong with your current one?

I think I read somewhere you think it may be a tad large. Have you checked with Kris or other App Team members to confirm before spending effort making a new one?

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2015, 04:12 PM »
All lids on slim people look big generally, how much space do you have around your head, more than a hands width?

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2015, 04:19 PM »
I think you just need to take a straight on image of yourself.

From this angle I suspect with the shoulders you have made your helmet looks about 50% width which I believe is acceptable.
Straight on photo and Kris should be able to confirm though

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2015, 04:33 PM »
Maybe, but I think it juts out at the base too much to be honest. I learned loads from building the last bucket so I'm hoping this next one will crank out quicker and better. I've got plans :D

OM# 1621
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #17 on: Dec 10, 2015, 05:03 PM »
Maybe, but I think it juts out at the base too much to be honest. I learned loads from building the last bucket so I'm hoping this next one will crank out quicker and better. I've got plans :D

You made it?? ?? ??
respect to that man  8)
thinking your right though, with another next to it, you can see the flare more

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
« Reply #18 on: Dec 11, 2015, 05:40 AM »
Hmmmmmm, pre-pre-app photos? 8) I command it to be so by the power of... errrrr... *thinks* by the power of thermal detonators!

All lids on slim people look big generally, how much space do you have around your head, more than a hands width?

I totally missed these comments! I'll see if me and Markonnen can get some pre-pre-app photos up this weekend.

There's quite a bit of space around the sides of my head, but round the back there's maybe a hand width and my nose presses against the visor (something i hope to fix with the new build). I could probably get two hand widths in either side of my bucket. The original plan was to have enough space for electronics.

OM# 1621
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!