Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Opinions on UA "Butter-Soft" Scrubs?

• 2 Replies

Kitura Qor

• That one Christian nerd who always has a project.
Opinions on UA "Butter-Soft" Scrubs?
« on: Aug 04, 2020, 01:31 AM »
Hello there! First time ever putting together a kit so, as you can imagine, I have some questions! Most of them have been answered by looking around the forums, but I have a very specific one that needs its own thread.

From reading what other people say, I've decided a two-piece flightsuit made from scrubs will work best for me. I heard Uniform Advantage is the place to go for them so I searched around and found some I think would work. I wanted a medium gray flightsuit with long sleeves already included (didn't want to go to the hassle of altering a short-sleeved top) and found a top and pants of the same material and color as per the CRL's requirements pertaining to two-piece flightsuits. I'll make sure to cover up where the top meets the pants with both a girth and utility belt, providing the illusion of the scrubs being one piece. However, I'd like a second opinion before I go and buy them!

Does the material they're made of (55% cotton 42% polyester & 3% spandex) meet the CRL and do you think it'll hold up to armor being attached to it?  Secondly, hip pockets are visible on the pants, so is that acceptable, and if not, how would you suggest I cover them up/remove them? Lastly, if these scrubs don't work, any suggestions for some long-sleeved ones of a similar color that meet the CRL?

Here's the links to their store pages...
Top: https://www.uniformadvantage.com/pages/prod/bss-bracelet-sleeve-scrub-top.asp?1=1&frmcolor=turqu#desc
Pants: https://www.uniformadvantage.com/pages/prod/buttersoft-stretch-flat-front-pant.asp?1=1&frmCrosssell=1&cst=649816127&frmcolor=SILVE&itemnumber=bss328&itemcolor=silve&itemposition=3

Images for ease of access...

Top:

Bottom:

Thank you for your help!
-Kit

"I've been called by many names, not all of them the most flattering, but you can call me Kit."

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Opinions on UA "Butter-Soft" Scrubs?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2020, 02:58 PM »
Those are some nice scrubs.

Material is good.  Like most scrubs it appears to be a woven fabric, so it'll do the job.

The pant legs and sleeves may need some tailoring for fit, but that's a lot easier than a short-sleeve to long-sleeve alteration.

The only armor that would attach to the flightsuit normally would be thighs and shins, which could be attached with straps (of an in-universe material like leather or nylon webbing) if the fabric seems like it wouldn't hold the weight once you have it in your hands.

Finally, the hip pockets will most likely have to be covered.  The easiest way would be with a kama or with tassets (hip plates as seen in The Mandalorian)

It's a good start, and with the top tucked into the pants, a girth belt will easily cover the waist split.  Also, it looks like these scrubs would make a nice 'off duty' outfit not too dissimilar from Jango's on Kamino. :)

Kitura Qor

• That one Christian nerd who always has a project.
Re: Opinions on UA "Butter-Soft" Scrubs?
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2020, 03:28 PM »
Yay! Glad to hear they'll work! Thank you for your input and suggestion as to how to fix the pockets, plus the extra information on attaching armor and the like! And ooo, I didn't think about an off-duty outfit. That's a neat idea that I'll look into! Thanks again!  :)

-Kit

"I've been called by many names, not all of them the most flattering, but you can call me Kit."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!