Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sunday Armour Party!

• 10 Replies

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
Sunday Armour Party!
« on: Sep 24, 2015, 03:56 AM »
Armour party on Sunday for us Islanders (or those mainlanders wanting to make the trek) we'll be starting around noonish (hopefully) and going till late. Whoever would like to join, send me a PM for the address or post here if you would like to carpool from down island :) we had 7 here last weekend, and I'd love to see that many again. Sintra is available, and help with soft parts as well. Looking forward to seeing you all here :)

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
Re: Sunday Armour Party!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2015, 11:39 AM »
where on the island are you located? not sure if I can make it, but it'll help me figure out if I can.

GardenGeek

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2015, 01:20 AM »
We are in Campbell River. I think that McCrex is coming from Nanaimo, so you could maybe see if you could carpool?

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2015, 01:22 AM »
I just looked at ferry prices... :o

I'm going to stay mainland and finish my kit... Maybe if we can get a car load of mainlanders in the future it might be a little easier on the wallet.

Have fun! Can't wait to see progress!

GardenGeek

« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2015, 01:27 AM »
Hahahah, right?!?  Crazy expensive unless you walk on.

Echo9

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2015, 06:30 PM »
Wooo!! I work til 3 so I'll be a bit later.. and prolly devu since I'm her ride lol

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2015, 12:30 AM »
Campbell River is a little far, for an armor party for me, let me know if there is anything going on in Nanaimo.

Randy TRM

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

Gnar-Gnar

« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2015, 02:34 AM »
hope the armor party went well! Any pics?

Echo9

« Reply #8 on: Sep 29, 2015, 02:21 AM »
these guys were amazing and threw a surprise birthday party for me!! complete with balloons and cupcakes!!
oh and we got some armor made too. we've got 2 new female recruits who've got their plates cut and shaped now. McCrex got his plates cut and some shaped, Devu got hers shaped today i think, so Tylek and Gardengeek are once again helping everyone with their kits instead of working on their own. if there was a medal to hand out those two deserve it!!

i don't think we really took any decent photos i can post here lol.

« Reply #9 on: Sep 29, 2015, 02:33 AM »
You are too sweet for that comment at the the end Echo! Glad that you enjoyed the party and it was wonderful just to be able to celebrate it with you. :)

As for our own kits, Devu did sand down most of my armor pieces so I can repaint, which was a wonderful help, so thank you! And McCrex, very much looking forward to hitting up that airbrush... yes I'm already claiming it. :P

First Kit - Early Crusader - In Progress: Bondo Helmet, Page 4
Other First Kit - Modern - In Progress:
Hard Parts and Soft Parts updated 25/04/16

GardenGeek

« Reply #10 on: Sep 29, 2015, 12:40 PM »
We've been working slowly on my plates as well :p Devu cut my darts yesterday while I shaped her plates :)  now that I'm familiar with shaping the chest plates, I'd like to redo all the women's plates after Zoph gets a look at what I've done :)

Glad you liked the party :) wish you could have stayed to keep celebrating with us!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!