Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Raestin's Soft Parts W.I.P.

• 37 Replies
Re: Raestin's Soft Parts W.I.P.
« Reply #30 on: Dec 17, 2015, 10:17 AM »
Looking pretty badass, vod! Even without plates!! Nicely done for sure.

Always inspirational to visit your threads. Gives me the kick in the backside I usually need to get going again...  ;D

B.o.B.B. #008
Grey Brigade OT Guard #021

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #31 on: Dec 17, 2015, 10:20 AM »
Haha!  Thanks vod!  I always appreciate the kind words, I always feel the same way about your WIP's!!  Now that the bucket is "pretty much" done, I can really focus on the plates.  Hopefully, Sunday I can make some good progress on them.  :)

« Reply #32 on: Dec 17, 2015, 10:37 AM »
Yup! Got some work done on my girth, and I got my visor mounted (I still need to darken it a bit... Should've gone with the #5 green tint...).

Between keeping up with you and my brother (Balou34), I've got some stiff competition!!   ;D

Should get some work done on tailoring my scrubs/flightsuit... soon-ish...

B.o.B.B. #008
Grey Brigade OT Guard #021
« Reply #33 on: Dec 18, 2015, 07:11 PM »
Have question about shouder bells do you have the link for it?I'm doing my vest too and want to do bells but haven't seen a template for them and where on you tube did you get neck seal i was thinking of adding it to my vest so its all one piece.

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #34 on: Dec 19, 2015, 07:35 AM »
Here's the link to all of the Dented Helmet soft parts tutorials. This is where I got both templates. The shoulder bells are included in the flak vest tutorial.  The neck seal has its own tutorial.  Hope that helps!  Can't wait to see it finished, keep up the good work!! 
:)
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/all-soft-parts-templates-tutorials-23197/

« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2015, 09:12 PM by Raestin » Logged
« Reply #35 on: Dec 19, 2015, 10:43 AM »
thanks will hopefully get it ready for vest tonight,work on it a little before i go see thr force awakens with my girls.
 ;D

« Reply #36 on: Dec 23, 2015, 11:48 AM »
founfd the vest tutorial but nothing on the shoulder bells.

Raestin Ke'Varek

« Reply #37 on: Dec 23, 2015, 11:56 AM »
The shoulder bell template is actually part of the vest tutorial.  For mine, I cut two layers of the duck cloth with a seam allowance and sewed them together.  Once that was done, I drew some parallel lines on them, and added some stitching (see my picture in this thread).  Then I attached each bell to the vest.  It was actually pretty easy.  :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!