Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

ESB Boba in the works

• 8 Replies
ESB Boba in the works
« on: Dec 12, 2015, 04:05 PM »
Hello All! I am currently working on an ESB Boba as well as a custom mando for MM. So... Here it is.

Did the cape myself. Took about 7 color pulls and about 13 layers of windex/paint mix to get the results.

Decided to build my own boots. Like the custom results more.

Doing a 3rd color pull on the girth belt.

Need to take a few weeks off to handle some business/xmas stuff. Ill get back to all this after.

Here is my commander bly just for fun.

mirshko o'r kyr'am, parjai o'r manda...
courage in death, victory in the afterlife...

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: ESB Boba in the works
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2015, 04:18 PM »
Very Nice ... ;D

I look forward to Seeing your work ...  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2015, 04:46 PM »
Very Nice ... ;D

I look forward to Seeing your work ...  ;)

Vor'e Vod!

mirshko o'r kyr'am, parjai o'r manda...
courage in death, victory in the afterlife...

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2015, 04:45 PM »

Decided to build my own boots. Like the custom results more.

More than what?

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2015, 03:20 AM »
Digging the cape!

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

dbickel

• MMCC ID #1388
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2015, 10:13 AM »
Just a heads up real horse girth belts are relatively inexpensive and come with the required buckles. By the time you buy the buckles for the girth belt you are making you will have spent the same for not nearly the accuracy you would get buying a simple horse girth belt.

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2015, 12:06 PM »
Just a heads up real horse girth belts are relatively inexpensive and come with the required buckles. By the time you buy the buckles for the girth belt you are making you will have spent the same for not nearly the accuracy you would get buying a simple horse girth belt.

I agree with this.

Also, it's worth it to buy accurate boots rather than trying to build them. I've never in my life seen an accurate pair of scratch-built boots.

dbickel

• MMCC ID #1388
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2015, 03:15 PM »
I agree with this.

Also, it's worth it to buy accurate boots rather than trying to build them. I've never in my life seen an accurate pair of scratch-built boots.

This is also correct, but I was going simply on costs.

Here is an image of one of the boots actually worn in the movie.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/data/526/Boba-Fett-Costume-SWTE-020509-157.jpg

Notice the difference in how the stiching is near the bottom of the elastic portion near the boot ankles. Stiching exists on the boots you are trying to look like "the real deal" that cannot be undone...therefore it will never duplicate the real boot image. This is just one of numerous differences between your boot and the most accurate boot...the man of war boot.

MMcFett

• Wayii!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2016, 11:08 AM »
Where did you get the gauntlets from?

...take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Ephesians 6:13WIPs: Helmet-Armor-Gauntlets-Weapons-Jetpack

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!