Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jayrodadon's Planning/WIP

• 34 Replies

Jayrodadon

• "Coffee gone, helmet on."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Jayrodadon's Planning/WIP
« Reply #25 on: Mar 09, 2018, 04:40 PM »
Girth belt

Ammo Belt

Beginning of blaster (It's Nerf or nothing!)   ;)

OM #2240
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #156
"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special word for." -Baltan Carid, Legacy of the Force: Revelation

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #26 on: Mar 09, 2018, 04:55 PM »
You're making some awesome progress, vod!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Jayrodadon

« Reply #27 on: Mar 25, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Some touch up to my blaster.

Spats with toe guards, (I'm thinking shnees as well).

Gauntlets. I painted them already, but I'm going to work on them some more. Adjust size so it's not so tight and add some deminsion.

OM #2240
"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special word for." -Baltan Carid, Legacy of the Force: Revelation

Jayrodadon

« Reply #28 on: Mar 25, 2018, 12:45 PM »
At last week's Capital City Comic Con
(Yes, still gotta cover those zippers)

OM #2240

Jayrodadon

« Reply #29 on: Aug 13, 2018, 03:09 PM »
Last piece of kit finished. Ended up deciding not to go with cloth for a cod piece and making a proper one out of sintra.

OM #2240

Jayrodadon

« Reply #30 on: Nov 20, 2018, 08:59 AM »
More work in progress.

Weathering on my soft parts, (sounds so dirty  :P).
Foam backing on chest diamond so it doesn't recess between my pecs anymore.

Sorry for the link only, apparently this site doesn't like mp4. (?)

https://i.imgur.com/k81XbxU.mp4

OM #2240

Jayrodadon

« Reply #31 on: Feb 24, 2019, 12:36 PM »
So I was told to weather my cape more, and since I've already burned, ripped, painted, and sanded it, I drove over it a few times.

I was also told to weather the stitching on my vest due to it being too bright. Problem is I used dental floss for strength, (and I like the look of black leather and white stitching), and due to the waxy nature of dental floss, I couldn't use the recommended "tea bag" method of weathering, or many other options. So I just drew over it with a jiffy marker.

https://imgur.com/gallery/IEuHRVe

« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2019, 12:47 PM by Jayrodadon » Logged
OM #2240

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #32 on: Feb 24, 2019, 12:56 PM »
Personally, I like the "patchwork" nature of your stitching as I'm firm believe that your armor shouldn't just look weathered, but repaired and maintained. Are you still using the same blaster or have you upgraded since?

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Jayrodadon

« Reply #33 on: Feb 24, 2019, 03:23 PM »
Personally, I like the "patchwork" nature of your stitching as I'm firm believe that your armor shouldn't just look weathered, but repaired and maintained. Are you still using the same blaster or have you upgraded since?

Thanks for the compliment about the patch work, that means a lot.  :)

I'm using a different blaster for the app process, (Westar 35), however I do have a sniper rifle which I now realize has been posted every where but here yet so I shall remedy that now. 🤪

« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2019, 10:22 AM by Jayrodadon » Logged
OM #2240

Jayrodadon

« Reply #34 on: Mar 13, 2019, 10:11 AM »
I was asked to reduce the bagginess of sleeves, trim plates, and switch footwear as mine appeared to be sneakers.

Here's the sewing job I did, (I didn't trim the excess fabric due to lifting weights and looking to the future, I hopefully will need it)

And trimming of the plates
Pre cut

Post cut (cool looking sh1t, eh?)

« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2019, 04:30 PM by Jayrodadon » Logged
OM #2240

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!