Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Brett's protector wip

• 879 Replies
Re: Brett's protector wip
« Reply #725 on: Oct 17, 2020, 07:32 AM »
No real update...I slipped over and cracked head on tiles recently so in bed resting. Been thinking about next few steps.
Thinking of redoing this sigil, think I have a stencil of it

Weather is getting better here so I reckon when I'm mobile again I'll paint that, redo the helmet and torso armour...and chest sigil
Got an idea to add to the cod too 🤔
Next update should have a few extras
Been reading a few Boba, Jodo and jango WIPs get inspiration

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2020, 07:36 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #726 on: Oct 19, 2020, 10:13 PM »
Isn't it amazing what you can find when you look  :laugh: :laugh:
Found a few more little glass vials to use and some clutch back pins I'd bought to use for plate attachment...🤔 Might be some work achieved soon  :laugh:

« Reply #727 on: Oct 21, 2020, 04:53 AM »
Still no real update...just abit more 🤔 Something  :laugh: as usual I cant follow a plan
Was planning to try painting something today, but slept through the day, so looked for something else to do

What does this random collection suggest?

Planning ahead....measured a few dimensions and ordered some stock aluminium, some other goodies as well
Going to replace a few details on thrusters with aluminium replicas, bought some needle bearings to hopefully help thrusters to rotate
Realised I need to install the vent that goes here

...that'll be replaced with metal too
Also thinking of design for whipcord dart

« Reply #728 on: Oct 21, 2020, 03:24 PM »
Found this pic I forgot to upload when I did the start of left ear, here's early stages of top of right ear. Need to trim the right side down and remove the black areas to get shape, then mark out areas to shape next. Getting the angles right and aluminium removed is time consuming. Then a clean up to be all shiny...🤔 Had thought of a pitted look...as in sandblasted.

Also here is something I found in the mailbox

Bit of stock to play with, smaller rods are stainless I've collected over the years....bit of play time in the future ..just wonder what will come out of it all  :laugh: :laugh:
Not a bad fi, might be a quick job  :o

« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2020, 03:46 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #729 on: Oct 21, 2020, 03:49 PM »
Very impressive as always, my friend.

Boy, it's a shame all that stuff wound up in your mail box.  Guess you'll have to do something with it!  :P

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #730 on: Oct 21, 2020, 03:54 PM »
Dang dude! Hopefully your head is ok from the fall. Also all these bits at pieces are really coming together! I still need to build my own whip cord housing.... keep getting distracted lol

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #731 on: Oct 21, 2020, 04:08 PM »
Dang dude! Hopefully your head is ok from the fall. Also all these bits at pieces are really coming together! I still need to build my own whip cord housing.... keep getting distracted lol
Thanks mate, few stitches and some long sleeps :laugh: she'll be right...should have had my bucket on  :laugh: :laugh: the head has never been right though...I know all about distractions, getting sidetracked
Very impressive as always, my friend.

Boy, it's a shame all that stuff wound up in your mail box.  Guess you'll have to do something with it!  :P
Thanks mi'ix...now have to find my plans, what I was planning on making with the pieces...there was Jodo rockets, twin engines inspired flame units/ dart launchers for right gauntlet 🤔 Trigger and trigger gaurd for ee-3...🤔 Might be able to get a jp collar, some dress up bits for toxin vials ...maybe some other goodies....was thinking a droid caller. Did order some brass too

« Reply #732 on: Oct 22, 2020, 02:35 AM »
Bit of an update

Just needs fine tuning now and slots cut into it....and clean up
Aahhh she fits 😃

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2020, 04:27 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Breyo Fey

• "An par aliit. Ner tal. Ner oyay."
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #733 on: Oct 22, 2020, 10:59 AM »
It's all looking really good!
Can't wait for more....

« Reply #734 on: Oct 22, 2020, 01:20 PM »
It's all looking really good!
Can't wait for more....
Thanks mate, stay tuned....got some ideas, got some material....need to find some old stuff....time to make some progress
Been looking over some other builds, jango, Boba and Jodo builds, reading twin engines of destruction again....feel motivated and sort of refreshed

« Reply #735 on: Oct 23, 2020, 06:44 AM »
Stripped down and cleaned out theairbrush tonight...getting geared up for

Haven to got a good silver. I like British paints shiny silver, can't get hands on any at moment so....these two plate stepped forward for experimenting with other paints. Just from a spray can....not using airbrush....too lazy  :laugh:

Also spray rf top, more lazy painting

See what I get in the morning

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #736 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:24 AM »
Your helmet and chest pieces are coming along great!

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP
« Reply #737 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:37 AM »
Your helmet and chest pieces are coming along great!
Thank you....I think the paint on the chest pieces are a disgrace  :laugh: :laugh:....was a lazy half arsed paint job trying to get motivated. The dome on bucket needs freshening up....think I painted it 8-10 years ago...and still not finished  :laugh: that's lazy
Here's how it's currently looking, there's a little bit of a reaction, I'll fix that later, I'll let paint dry for a few days before next stage

« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2020, 11:52 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Breyo Fey

• "An par aliit. Ner tal. Ner oyay."
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #738 on: Oct 23, 2020, 12:34 PM »
Exciting times!
Painting and weathering is my favorite part of the process...
Looking forward to your progress.

« Reply #739 on: Oct 23, 2020, 12:52 PM »
Exciting times!
Painting and weathering is my favorite part of the process...
Looking forward to your progress.
Thanks mate, hopefully it turns out alright....if not I'll start again  :laugh: :laugh: I used to like painting, now though ...not sure, takes me a bit to get motivated to paint 🤔
It's a bit darker than I wanted, wouldn't be bad for a true mando

« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2020, 01:05 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #740 on: Oct 24, 2020, 04:09 PM »
Here's a question regarding cape or poncho, is there a specific length. I'm currently thinking of a poncho but if I can't get a good look I was thinking of half cape around knee length. Was interested to see in brls that the cape is optional....I didn't realise that
Also is there any colour restrictions for the ears? Or just the fett variations?
Abit of experimentation

I wanted to try stay away from a fett esb cat scratch....but wanted to continue the damage over the right eye....have to see how it ends up

These are just rough ideas for weathering, may paint over or add to with more layers of paint

« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2020, 10:12 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #741 on: Oct 25, 2020, 04:25 PM »
I would say a knee length poncho would probably be a little too long - I would go mid thigh at the longest and honestly probably even a little shorter.

As for the ear caps, I don't think there is really a color restriction per say but it has to fit the overall aesthetic of the protectors. Can't be a blue if nothing else is implemented on your kit of the same color. That being said, my ear caps are tan - though it isn't a primary color it goes with the rest of my kit

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #742 on: Oct 26, 2020, 12:47 AM »
I would say a knee length poncho would probably be a little too long - I would go mid thigh at the longest and honestly probably even a little shorter.

As for the ear caps, I don't think there is really a color restriction per say but it has to fit the overall aesthetic of the protectors. Can't be a blue if nothing else is implemented on your kit of the same color. That being said, my ear caps are tan - though it isn't a primary color it goes with the rest of my kit
Thanks mate...I think the cape will be tricky, be hard achieving the look and selecting material. At moment I've got an old army surplus tent...green canvas
With ears I do like the tan colour, it's a colour not seen on rest of kit. I'm sort of thinking a flat black or a dark grey....charcoal colour. Something to add a bit more to a sinister look.. the ears will be aluminium but roughly covered...may leave left one bare metal and right with charcoal grey plus decals

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #743 on: Oct 26, 2020, 01:52 AM »
I deffo like the idea of leaving one bare metal..... i mean you did all that work fabricating it out of aluminium.... be a shame to then cover it up so noone can tell.

« Reply #744 on: Oct 26, 2020, 02:05 AM »
I deffo like the idea of leaving one bare metal..... i mean you did all that work fabricating it out of aluminium.... be a shame to then cover it up so noone can tell.
That's true, I'm thinking it'll help distinguish it abit more from Fetts, I reckon I'll try a charcoal on right...the black stickers on Fetts I'll add, the paint over, remove and they'll be silver( shiny aluminium) instead

« Reply #745 on: Oct 26, 2020, 02:01 PM »
Couldn't sleep last night so decided to do abit more shaping of the right ear cap
It's a little bit big at moment, but filing the edges will remove that and smooth the arc as well
Below is black resin cap on top of aluminium cap...shiny area needs to be filed down

Still need to cut the angled areas

« Reply #746 on: Oct 27, 2020, 01:03 PM »
These arrived last night too
Now to work out colour or leave as they are

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #747 on: Oct 28, 2020, 07:26 AM »
Yaaaaaay hose.  ;)

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #748 on: Oct 28, 2020, 08:37 AM »
A little goes a long way!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #749 on: Oct 28, 2020, 01:55 PM »
Yaaaaaay hose.  ;)
Another piece collected 🤔
A little goes a long way!
A little bit more, mucking around with abit of paint, and shape cleaned up on ear cap. Just need to cut in the angled bits now for this bit and clean up...looking at the pic, the ear cap shape looks distorted 🤔

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!