Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First timer making a Legacy kit

• 5 Replies
First timer making a Legacy kit
« on: Jul 20, 2016, 10:13 PM »
Hello everyone!
This will be my first mando kit, and hopefully the one that gets me to official status.
I am doing a relatively simple Legacy era mando kit, most of which was taken directly from source material, with only a few alterations

The only thing that I could see even remotely being a problem for my app is the segmented thigh armour, but considering that we see literally every other plate segmented in Legacy armour I don't see it being much of an issue, and worst case scenario, its an easy fix.

I was thinking Atin Galaar for the name, which approximately translates to Stubborn Hawk which seemed like a great name to describe the character i am creating.
The color pallet will be dark, but I will avoid black as much as possible, I'm thinking about using dark purples on the arms, neck guard and bucket, and having the rest of the plates a deep red (think grapes, wine, and blood)

I will be doing it entirely as a scratch build, foam for the plates and pep for the helmet.
I will be begining asap when I get my hands on the necessary materials.
Wish me luck everyone!

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2016, 10:25 PM by Atylus » Logged
Re: First timer making a Legacy kit
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2016, 10:27 PM »
I can't get the image link to work correctly, i will have it fixed within about 24 hours, sorry everyone.
I'm downloading a different app, the flickr one doesn't seem to work correctly, or I'm doing it wrong.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2016, 10:31 PM »
Hello everyone!
This will be my first mando kit, and hopefully the one that gets me to official status.
I am doing a relatively simple Legacy era mando kit, most of which was taken directly from source material, with only a few alterations

The only thing that I could see even remotely being a problem for my app is the segmented thigh armour, but considering that we see literally every other plate segmented in Legacy armour I don't see it being much of an issue, and worst case scenario, its an easy fix.

I was thinking Atin Galaar for the name, which approximately translates to Stubborn Hawk which seemed like a great name to describe the character i am creating.
The color pallet will be dark, but I will avoid black as much as possible, I'm thinking about using dark purples on the arms, neck guard and bucket, and having the rest of the plates a deep red (think grapes, wine, and blood)

I will be doing it entirely as a scratch build, foam for the plates and pep for the helmet.
I will be begining asap when I get my hands on the necessary materials.
Wish me luck everyone!

The external link seems to work and like yourself I can't figure out how to make it a separate image to without the grey/black background of flickr.  Looks like a classic Legacy conceptual design.  Looking forward to your progress.

Also a note Vod to use the modify button instead of posting a second time in a row (double posting).

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Kit#1 Karl Dha'Werda WIP - Nov 2015
Kit#2 'Late' Crusader WIP - Dec 2016
Kit#3 PI Survivor WIP - ETA May/June 2024
Oyu'baat - OM Troops: 88
mandalorianarmour.org
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2016, 11:17 PM »
The external link seems to work and like yourself I can't figure out how to make it a separate image to without the grey/black background of flickr.  Looks like a classic Legacy conceptual design.  Looking forward to your progress.

Also a note Vod to use the modify button instead of posting a second time in a row (double posting).

Shouldn't be much longer until I'm able to start work on it, I might start a paper mock-up of the plates tomorrow, to use as a blueprint for the real thing
Ahh my bad, my bad, it won't happen again, thank you

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2016, 09:40 AM »
Yeah what Karl said about double posting. Please read up on the Forum rules. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=84.0 Rule 3.3

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2016, 05:52 PM »
Sounds like a solid plan the thighs being segmented shouldn't be an issue at all. Now I see you said you were planning on using foam for the armor. Just so you are aware EVA foam is not an approvable material for your armor.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!