Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Female Pilot WIP -- Dass Evoros

• 50 Replies

Dass Evoros

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Female Pilot WIP -- Dass Evoros
« on: Sep 06, 2016, 02:59 PM »
Hi All! I am really excited to finally be starting a WIP....let me first start off by introducing myself.

I have been lurking around since 2013 when I attended my first ever Star Wars Celebration with my sister.....who all of you know as the amazingly talented Seugtai. At the 2013 con in Orlando I dressed up as Hylo Visz, a costume made almost completely by the aforementioned wonderful sister as a way to convince me to go.

Lo and behold....I had an absolutely amazing time & met a lot of really great people. That sparked a bug in me to create my own costume for Celebration 2015 in Anaheim, where I lurked around some more as Cato Parasitti. 

With Halloween being one of my favorite holidays, creating costumes is nothing new to me. But I learned a lot of things in making the Cato costume that I had never done before....especially making the latex mask. It was a lot of work & I think I had a nervous breakdown at the end trying to get it finished in time for Celebration, but the process as a whole was such a wonderful experience.

Now I figure....you can only lurk for so long. I have decided to make a kit and become an official member! After wearing that very restrictive mask with one eyeball constantly fogging up...wearing a mando helmet seems like a breeze! (My main aversion to making a mando in the past).

So here's my concept art for my female mando pilot by the name of Dass Evoros....

***Note: 1. The concept art was done before the CRL's for the pilots was changed. I am aware that the new requirements state that the life support box must now be located on the front armor, and I will be placing it on the front not as a backpack type as is shown in the picture.
              2. The final goal for this kit is to become a brigades member...hence the brigades logo on the right chest. I am aware that I cannot place this on the armor until I am approved into the brigades. I just wanted to show what I would eventually like to place there.  ;)

The flight suit will be an olive twill. I like the look of this flight suit as seen on Jessica Biel in the terrible action movie Stealth. So, I will be doing something similar to this & the flak vest will also be the same. I would like the flak vest to just kind of blend in with the flight suit so that it's not obvious it is there.

And here are my AMAZING armor plates that my sister  [Seugtai] got me as a Christmas / birthday present...b/c she is the best! And she knows me better than most & knew that I might never actually start! She had these awesomely done plates commisioned and made by Emma [Vhe]. A big thank you to both my sis Sarah & Emma for making me such great looking armor!  :o

[/URL]

The plates have not actually been painted yet...this is just the color scheme that I am planning to do.

Here's my bucket...since I am a pilot I needed either a raised mohawk or a blast shield & I like the look of the blast shield so I'm going with that. I decided to do the writing on the helmet in Aurebesh instead of Mando'a. Since I'm a pilot that widely travels, it seemed important that people everywhere can read my call signs. On the left dome of the helmet it says Red 6, my call sign. On the right of the blast shield is says Dass (my first name) in Aurebesh.

Ok that's it for today...let me know what you think. Thanks

Kebiin Ke'Varek

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Re: Female Pilot WIP -- Dass Evoros
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2016, 03:35 PM »
I love this!  I love your design and everything has been obviously very carefully though through.  Keep up the good work!  Maybe one day soon I can recruit my sister, too  ;)

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2016, 04:16 PM »
-jumping up and down with excitement-

*points*

That's my sister!

:D

Dha'senaar

• Need 'em disintegrated? Get me integrated
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2016, 04:39 PM »
LOVE pilot kits, working on a few for myself and my better half.  Your concept is fantastic, and I can't wait to see progress!!  8).

Edit: TOTALLY sending her a link to your WIP.

« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2016, 04:43 PM by Dha'senaar » Logged

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2016, 04:46 PM »
Progress is going to be required viewing based on the concept. I can't wait to see this finished :)

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2016, 04:56 PM »
Looks great! Just for your info, we're going to change the pilot CRL to state that the life support box can be mounted on the front or on the backplate. If it's mounted on the backplate then you must wear a full backplate. It looks like you meet those requirements.

That flightsuit is so cool! I've been wanting to do similar piping on my next flightsuit so you've given me some much needed inpiration!

Vanos Dak'win

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan Growth
« Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2016, 05:26 PM »
It looks awesome! How did you mold the breast plate?  Did you use sintra or another material?
It looks WICKED COOL!!!

Vanos Dak'Win
Mark Smedley

Dass Evoros

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Sep 06, 2016, 06:11 PM »
I love this!  I love your design and everything has been obviously very carefully though through.  Keep up the good work!  Maybe one day soon I can recruit my sister, too  ;)

"the very carefully thought out" part was from driving my sister [Seugtai] bad s**t crazy with all my questions probably. She really helped me nail down my concept. She da best!

Looks great! Just for your info, we're going to change the pilot CRL to state that the life support box can be mounted on the front or on the backplate. If it's mounted on the backplate then you must wear a full backplate. It looks like you meet those requirements.

That flightsuit is so cool! I've been wanting to do similar piping on my next flightsuit so you've given me some much needed inpiration!

Quinn you just became my new favorite person!!! This is fan freakin' tastic news!! I think you just made my whole month.  ;D
I kept trying to rework the life support box to the front...didn't want to place it on those lovely boob plates, plus it would obstruct my design. But wasn't sure how to place it on the collar without the hoses being all short and weird. Glad you like the flightsuit...I'm pretty excited about the ribbed / pintucking in sections on the suit too! Feel feel to make one too & we can be twinsies!

It looks awesome! How did you mold the breast plate?  Did you use sintra or another material?
It looks WICKED COOL!!!

Those perfect boob plates were commisioned and made by Vhe. She could definitely tell you more but I do know she works her voodoo magic on aluminum & voila...I now have perfect boobs!

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2016, 12:30 AM by Aria » Logged

Zerxus Dral

• Leader of merriment
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #8 on: Sep 06, 2016, 07:23 PM »
Your progress looks great, I can't wait to see how this develops.

Evren Jaira

• She/They
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2016, 07:36 PM »
I love this design! Looking forwards to seeing this come to life!

OM #2745|QMU #025|MA #146 - 24er|House Nelvaan #32

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Family events 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #10 on: Sep 06, 2016, 09:18 PM »
Wow amazing design! Can't wait to see this unfold! I love that armor, totally jealous!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #11 on: Sep 06, 2016, 09:20 PM »
Your concept looks fantastic! Absolutely love your asymmetric design and color pallet......looking forward to seeing you make the flightsuit as well!

We will watch your career with great interest!

Xyon Koreen

• Nayc tok'kad, Nayc dinuir laam
« Reply #12 on: Sep 06, 2016, 10:46 PM »
Looks amazing.  Can't wait to see it finished.

MMCC #51
MiB #10
Cabur Akaata #58
Grey Brigade #23
B.O.M.B. #68
M.A.B.E.L. #61

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #13 on: Sep 07, 2016, 12:36 AM »
2. The final goal for this kit is to become a brigades member...hence the brigades logo on the right chest. I am aware that I cannot place this on the armor until I am approved into the brigades. I just wanted to show what I would eventually like to place there.  ;)
**Brigade Marshal Voice***
Good Future Brigade member!  ;) If you have any questions about the BRLs, just let me know. I'm sure you'll be fine, you know what you're doing. :) Looks great so far!!

**Moderator Voice**
Please avoid double posting. It is acttually against Forum Rules
Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'. If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
Please use the "Modify" button to update your post, or put multiple quotes in one reply.

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Coreysnaps

• Kaiya Ardellian
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #14 on: Sep 07, 2016, 01:25 AM »
I'm so excited to see this done.  Yea for (finally) building a Mando!

"...I leave to the discretion of the MMCC merch officer." 

If you have a Supply question, please ask here: Here

Aramys Strael

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #15 on: Sep 07, 2016, 06:12 AM »
I actually remember seeing you at Celebration. That costume you rocked was awesome. I've no doubt you will knock this one out of the ballpark, as well. Of course being Soogey's sister we will expect nothing less that awesome out of this kit. You're in good hands here. With Soogey and Vhe helping you out, you will be the best damned looking Pilot this side of the Rishi Maze!

I love this flight suit. I think it is perfect for the earlier eras, like what we see in SW:TOR. But I gotta say in think it will look great for a modern pilot, too. I soooooo can't wait to see the finished product.

Bill Kohlleppel
250th Mandalorian Merc Member
MAJIC operative #009
MAAM #001
ORB ORS009
Ewok Relocation Agent #002
HORSEMAN: PESTILENCE
Kote at ner aliit, kote at an ner vode!

Drake

• OM #0047 ¦ BVC ¦ Merc Veteran '07
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #16 on: Sep 07, 2016, 06:34 AM »
It's nice to finally have you (officially) aboard, Rose, and with a pilot to boot! I have a picture of us CVI around here somewhere, too.  ;)

Your concept is astounding, and I look forward to seeing your progress and work.  ;D

[PAGES 1-7 DETAIL ZABRAK MANDO, 7-∞ DETAIL STEEL LEGACY] : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=38505.90
Drake Manufacturing: https://www.facebook.com/DrakeMfg/

Dass Evoros

« Reply #17 on: Sep 07, 2016, 10:09 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback! It's nice to see some of you remember me lol :P

Ok so I wanted to show some of what I've done so far. I have been a pepping fool since June or July.

Helmet:
I started with this pepakura file for Pre Vizsla to get the basic mando shaped helmet. I kept the base of the raised earcaps but scrapped all the antennae and such.

I wanted the earcaps and back section from a b-wing helmet like this one:

But I couldn't find one that wasn't more expensive than I wanted to spend for a small portion of the helmet. And luckily...I have a genius for a boyfriend and he uses 3d software in his work. So he whipped up some 3d files for me for both earcaps and the back section.

I think I may adjust the ovals & grooves to be a little deeper. But that's the basic idea of what it will look like. I want to place this little doodad in the bottom recessed oval section & am having it 3d printed. Here is the the helmet with the new back section on.

I also wanted the blast shield on an x-wing helmet...

And lastly....my russian gas mask hoses that will attach to my helmet...

Ok that's all I can muster to share tonight. More to come shortly!

Zerxus Dral

• Leader of merriment
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Sep 07, 2016, 10:16 PM »
Looks great. Keep up the good work.

« Reply #19 on: Sep 07, 2016, 10:23 PM »
This is cool.  I love the mashups that you have going on.  It's unique and really swarzy at the same time.  So awesome.

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Family events 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #20 on: Sep 08, 2016, 12:25 AM »
That helmet is going to be amazing

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Laaran Dala

• Though she be but little, she is fierce.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #21 on: Sep 08, 2016, 08:52 AM »
Oh dang this build is going to be amazing!  I love how you're bringing all those other helmet details into your bucket.  Watching with extreme interest!

Delphin'Kam

• The Force is my best customer
« Reply #22 on: Sep 08, 2016, 01:42 PM »
Can-t wait to see how it goes!

Working on Kit Updates

Dass Evoros

« Reply #23 on: Sep 08, 2016, 10:01 PM »
This is cool.  I love the mashups that you have going on.  It's unique and really swarzy at the same time.  So awesome.

"Swarzy" lol I like that thanks!

Oh dang this build is going to be amazing!  I love how you're bringing all those other helmet details into your bucket.  Watching with extreme interest!

Thanks! I really like the look of your armor after it "got a little dirty". I was wondering what technique you used to get that look...paint wash, charcoal, something else? It looks very realistic, love it!!

atinvizsla

• Ni cuy Ne'haryc
« Reply #24 on: Sep 08, 2016, 11:40 PM »
Basically just commenting to follow this build, but man your talent with frankensteining a unique helmet together. I'm envious.

"Believe me... I have a lot of pent up emotions I need to let out with a blaster to someone's face."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!