Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

EE-3 part idea... "HELP"

• 3 Replies
EE-3 part idea... "HELP"
« on: Jan 13, 2017, 10:19 PM »
hey y'all! this is officially my first post!
I'm building my own EE-3 blaster. I got every part done except for one... the part between the handle and the stock. I'm attempting 3 layers of Plexiglass glued together and then cut out the shape I need (haven't tried yet, still waiting on the glue to dry). So in the mean time, I'd like more, easy DIY options for that part in question (the one that links the stock to the handle frame)

I appreciate your replies

thank you

- Gab

endure and survive

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: EE-3 part idea... "HELP"
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Not sure I'd use plexiglass for that part.  A good, thick PVC might be stronger, or maybe some metal brackets.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2017, 10:44 AM »
hey y'all! this is officially my first post!
I'm building my own EE-3 blaster. I got every part done except for one... the part between the handle and the stock. I'm attempting 3 layers of Plexiglass glued together and then cut out the shape I need (haven't tried yet, still waiting on the glue to dry). So in the mean time, I'd like more, easy DIY options for that part in question (the one that links the stock to the handle frame)appreciate your replies

Hey Gab, you can check out my WIP for my own modified EE-3 carbine rifle HERE to get some ideas.  I used sheet metal double thick and JB welded together to connect my hand grip to the butt stock.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Kit#1 Karl Dha'Werda WIP - Nov 2015
Kit#2 'Late' Crusader WIP - Dec 2016
Kit#3 PI Survivor WIP - ETA May/June 2024
Oyu'baat - OM Troops: 88
mandalorianarmour.org
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2017, 09:36 AM »
Awesome! thanks for the replies guys!
much appreciate

endure and survive

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!