Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

I have a question

• 18 Replies
I have a question
« on: Apr 26, 2017, 11:44 PM »
Ok so i had planed out my suit and helmet build before i joined here i think, i dont have the best memory. Any way i i wanted to build something that reflected me and yes i bought my celebration ticket day 1 they wore for sale so i had time to plan and buy. How ever do to going from having work every day to have one job every 3-4 months money kinda went out the window fast and 2 months from celebration i had some money but not a lot and not many people still shipping this close to the convention, now mind you i bought everything and got everything maybe 2 weeks before the convention. Ok story over i bought a bucket i really loved the base look of, my question is, is it ok? or do i need to change it in any way as far as being a approved helmet?

for a free mandalor.
Re: I have a question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2017, 11:47 PM »
I can't help you with your question, but I do wanna say that your helmet is really cool!

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2017, 11:53 PM »
From the Costume requirements:

Custom visor designs are allowed, however at least 1/3 of the total vertical T portion must be apparent. The Executioner helmet represents the bare minimum allowable area of visor exposure allowable. If changes are made to the Executioner helmet, they must not further obscure these elements.

Right now, you have zero percent of the vertical portion of the T visor, so I don't think it's approvable.  I think you'll need to cut some vertical visor between the eye holes and the breather at the bottom at least 1/3rd of the overall height from brow-ridge to bottom of helmet.   Might wait for someone else to chime in before you take a dremel or an exacto knife to it though. 

« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2017, 10:58 PM »
Now see ive watched these eps of rebels and this helmet you can see i can tell that the eye part has a shine and reflection to it but the vertical black line i am having a hard time telling if that is visor or just a painted part, if adding that line and/or making the visor eye parts one part and not 2 then i will do that, and i would of loved to of gotten a executioner helmet i just couldnt find anyone selling one.

for a free mandalor.

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2017, 11:16 PM »
The supercommando helmet from rebels is only approved on cannon supercommando kits. For your helmet to be approvable it will still need the minimum 1/3 vertical visor.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2017, 12:49 AM »
so adding the nose part from the executioner helmet like this one would make it approve-able just to be clear.  

for a free mandalor.

Jenga

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2017, 09:39 AM »
No, the executioner is only approvable with both the nose and mouth slits cut out of it. Since you have a breather on yours, that's what takes up the 1/3 on you helmet and the rest has to be visible. You could probs get away with something like this

or this

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 39 | Event Team 2022-current | App Team 2018-2021 | Art Team 2019-2021

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2017, 11:48 AM »
I'd suggest directly asking the app team on the Q&A subforum for advice. For something like this, I'm sure more than one member will chime in. Though personally, I agree with Jenga Feet that you might need to cut more than just the nose of the executioner. But you might be able to justify the vent at the bottom of your helmet.

« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2017, 10:45 PM »
Ok i guess ill go ask in there, but thanks for the insight.... or not seems i cant ask anything in there sooo. huh. Ok so i guess its the 1/3 vertical visor part that im having a issue with understanding, i guess the way i was thinking the nose part would be 1/3 of the vertical visor and making a larger almost the whole way down would be more like 2/3 of the vertical visor almost to the point of just saying T visor design only im just trying to understand what 1/3 is for the people who wrote the rule vs the way i understand what 1/3 of something is. If adding the rest of the visor like the first photo jenga showed is approve able then i will go with that.

« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2017, 11:15 PM by 924man » Logged
for a free mandalor.

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2017, 11:02 PM »
You have to submit your question using the form at the top of the page.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18
« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2017, 11:16 PM »
ah ok

for a free mandalor.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Apr 30, 2017, 04:25 PM »
Not approvable with the verticle part filled in. The nose on the Executioner is the minimum for 1/3 rule.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 07:58 PM »
Not approvable with the verticle part filled in. The nose on the Executioner is the minimum for 1/3 rule.
thats what i wanted to know if i can add the nose and be ok.

for a free mandalor.

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 09:24 PM »
Either the nose or a design that has similar amounts of visor area showing.

QMU#084
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 07:34 PM »
Ok so the rules state 1/3 vertical visor, to me that is one of the most vague thing someone could say. I have a back ground in building stuff, construction, flooring, so numbers are key. After alot of looking on google i found this and it lines up on my helmet and from what i read also is used to building other peoples helmets. So i spent some time measuring everything and came up with this. 5 1/2 inchs, by 2 inchs and 1/3rd of that is 1 7/8th inch x 2 inchs.Screenshot from 2017-05-08 22-38-28 by javan, on Flickr Theses are the measurements i have for the 3 nose designs and mathematically all 3 fill in the area of 1/3rd of vertical visor. Now i dont know who came up with the 1/3rd thing or what they had in mind that 1/3rd is or what the rule is for judging what 1/3rd is. And yes i have had many sleepless nights with this question in my mind, i cant say what it may be on someone else helmet or anything, nor can i say that im right according to the unknown bench mark for the rule, how ever i have numbers showing what 1/3rd is in measurements and what fills in that. Now maybe i can get some sleep unless my OCD mind finds something else to stress over for no reason. i moved it down alittle more.

for a free mandalor.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 07:45 PM »
oooh i like the last one... it looks more sinister. hope it gets the thumbs up from the app team.

Druj Jes

• Heavy Weapons,Heavy Assault,Hazardous Environment
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Shock Infantry Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 09:56 PM »
The last one is very unique,  and fits the look nicely.

Druj Jes - M.M.C.C. #2302 - B.O.M.B. #105 - M.V.S. #105

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 10:07 PM »
Seriously, there is literally no way the App Team can ding you on it at this point. If they try, just direct them to this. Good job.

I also might have saved screenshots of your work in case I ever want to do a custom visor that skirts the lower limits....and by might, I mean did.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Bowfanny

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 10:11 PM »
You did good Vod. I believe all three of your designs meet the requirement.

QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!