Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mermando Legacy Armor Build

• 38 Replies

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: Mermando Legacy Armor Build
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2018, 09:39 AM »
Barnacles..... genius..... love it. :D  :D :D

cknight68

• The Phantom of Kamino and Manaan King
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. EnviroOps Beastmaster Brigade Member 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2018, 10:25 AM »
The trick would be in the execution of this idea. It has to be done just right! Kinda wanna look like Davy jones and his crew a bit, ya know?

Caleb Knight
Ri Va'lure (Recon) and Noac Toa the Mermando
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

jett drexel

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2018, 01:14 PM »
If you glue them where you want then if you mix a little white acrylic paint with some of your sand then using a brush work it into the gaps an wait till it dries. to finish a little dark green wash followed by a little dark brown. Finally seal it with some clear coat and you got instant barnacle clusters. ;D

cknight68

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. EnviroOps Beastmaster Brigade Member 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2018, 01:18 PM »
Jett how do you know so much?! Brilliant! My girlfriend has been helping me find barnacles and such on etsy to add to the armor and paint up. Im hoping to do some more armor pics today althought im still missing my vest, new belt, net kama, and helmet. I need to paint up my trident/spear.

Caleb Knight
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

jett drexel

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2018, 01:29 PM »
You need a trip to the seaside my friend..... best place to find fishing net an nothing will weather it better than the see also it's a great help when you can see barnacles in the wild how they cluster the discolouration....do they prefer the underside of something or do they like to be in the sun. It all adds to the authenticity of your build. ;)

cknight68

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2018, 01:46 PM »
I'm a nautical junkie my friend! i was in the US Navy too for a bit haha. I also own my own merman tail and my adoptive big sister is a mermaid over in ohio. A friend of mine in the 501st legion in kentucky has a slave leia/ariel mash up and we're gonna do a bounty hunter and slave shoot once this kit is done hehe! I definitely wanna add the authenticity to my kit on the weathering especially with the barnacles. think it would be too much with my blue and white and grey paint scheme?

Caleb Knight
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

jett drexel

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2018, 02:09 PM »
If memory serves me correctly barnacles are basically off white/ beige so they shouldn't clash too much. I think it's an uber cool detail. but still a trip beach combing could also yeild other little treasures like shells or pebbles or driftwood....you could make marine looking trophies or embelish weapons.

cknight68

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2018, 02:18 PM »
Well im aiming for the beast tamer division under the beast masters brigade so i can't really do trophies sadly. Requirements states that i have to have a minimum of four pouches made from faux fur, bone, hide, leather. I have four made from Aiwha hide from kamino. I also have to have three items on my kit to show signs of affection toward the beasts ive tamed. more than likely an Aiwha but idk what three things to have on my kit. Also need a leash/lasso as well and found some awesome authentic weathered rope from the sea. i plan on using my trident spear and painting it gold and giving it some metallic tones and rust with netting and shells. If i wasnt at work id be posting photos haha.

Caleb Knight
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

jett drexel

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2018, 02:24 PM »
Mandalorian style divers dagger?

cknight68

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2018, 02:42 PM »
I do have a one-handed bladed weapon. its a bit larger than a standard dagger but it'll work for sure! Also my thread has been updated!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 11:21 AM by cknight68 » Logged

Caleb Knight
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #35 on: Jun 06, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Not seeing updates, (unless you dumped them all in the first post?) So I'm not sure if the first post is current or not, but at the last set of pictures I saw, the armour looks good - nice fit. I'd thin the sash down so it is not creeping under the armour.

I'm not sure why you can't carry a few trophies such as shells - the tamer option tries to discourage trophies made from animals you would be taming from what I remember - if you plan to tame some tiny clams I want to know how :P It'd be more discouraging trophies from bigger tameable animals - those would be what you have the remembrance items for.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

jett drexel

« Reply #36 on: Jun 06, 2018, 08:37 PM »
A trained cadre of killer winkles  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:..... how's it going ck? Made any more progress?

cknight68

« Reply #37 on: Jun 11, 2018, 07:19 PM »
I've made enough progress to make the kit troopable haha. Just attended Indy Pop Con here in Indianapolis, IN where the Northeast Region held a Regional Gathering. Ri Va'lure (my first kit) trooped on friday and Mermando trooped Saturday and Sunday. Still have a long way to go on the kit but it did really well! Here are some photos down below.

Things I still need to work on:
Get a flak vest.
Get a new belt.
Hem and alter flightsuit pants
and fix bident weapon that ive named Joe... Joe Bident. Get it?  :laugh:

Caleb Knight
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

jett drexel

« Reply #38 on: Jun 11, 2018, 07:36 PM »
Looks like you had a blast mate. :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!