Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Spo's soft parts weathering

• 1 Replies
Spo's soft parts weathering
« on: Jun 29, 2018, 08:53 PM »
So I am back to working on the outfit after a 2 month hiatus. Decided to weather the cape. Found some things that worked and want to share.

Step one: I took a piece of concrete laid the cape over it and took a piece of rip rap (a rock about 6-9") and beat it against the cape. I hit it several times in a line moving down the fabric. It would make a small hole or holes. If I wanted the hole to be bigger I would hit it in the same spot more than once.

Step two: To dirty it up a little I crushed up charcoal and wet the fabric. I rubbed it in and let it dry in the sun. I wet it again and I whipped it against some more rip rap (ditch liner) to beat it up some. Then I rinsed it out and let it dry again. I then laid on a dirty road and stomped on it. Then I washed it, or something to that effect.

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2018, 09:01 PM by Spocahp anar » Logged

Barrise Tisa

• Mother of nexu
  • Awards EnviroOps Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Celebration Orlando 2017 Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: Spo's soft parts weathering
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2018, 05:42 PM »
This is starting to look great. Another great way to weather if you have a grill or stove that needs cleaning. Light burning with a liter also adds great detail. You can also use acrylic paint but be careful it can turn muddy really fast.

The mother of nexus
MMCC #1735. Brigade #251,392.  QMU #065. M5 #84.  M.P.C.S. #004. Aran Wolves Oyula Ori'tsad #05. Mir'Shebse #14. L.O.B #36. M.A.R.S. #69 O.O.P.S #56 M.V.S #074 Vode Be Vhekad #19
https://i.imgur.com/dHQt60n.jpeg

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!