Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sniper idea/WIP?

• 3 Replies
Sniper idea/WIP?
« on: Jan 04, 2019, 07:42 AM »
Hi Guys,

I have been working on a Nerf Conversion but it hasn't been going well, the gun is just so nerfy it would take a lifetime to hide it all, so I have been looking around and wondering from the base model of the below images how much mod would this require to be swarzy?

This is a gelsoft sniper rifle, would do a repaint, weather it a bit maybe add a leather wrap to the grip.. would it need much work on top?

Baconboyrlz

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Sniper idea/WIP?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2019, 04:57 PM »
That looks quite similar to a .50 cal sniper rifle that was used in the movies, so I'd say it's a good base. As usual, make it less Earthy, more Swarzy, cover all screw holes, etc. The only thing I'm worried about is it's size, it's hard to tell how big or small it is, but that's about it.

Tra'cor Clan
OM #1962
M.L.C.S. #45
B.O.M.B. #90

Shurik Bhar'vani

• "Scopes are for people who worry they might miss"
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2019, 09:26 PM »
Agreed with Bacon. If that's a standard size (as in hand fits comfortably and correctly around the pistol grip, properly proportioned and all that) then you can easily turn that into a Star Wars blaster.

Besides filling in the screw holes, off the top of my head i would replace the muzzle brake, maybe modify the stock slightly, fill in those gold cuts along the frame and either ditch the bipod or move it somewhere else -- as it stands it looks very similar to a real-world M82 anti-material rifle or an XCOM sniper rifle.

That being said, it certainly looks like an excellent base weapon but without a size comparison it's hard to tell.

"Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Nice list?  Must be a typo. <ZAP> <ZAP><ZAP> " -Bazii Malric on Santa Shurik, circa 201(3?)

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2019, 09:04 PM »
Agreed with Bacon. If that's a standard size (as in hand fits comfortably and correctly around the pistol grip, properly proportioned and all that) then you can easily turn that into a Star Wars blaster.

Besides filling in the screw holes, off the top of my head i would replace the muzzle brake, maybe modify the stock slightly, fill in those gold cuts along the frame and either ditch the bipod or move it somewhere else -- as it stands it looks very similar to a real-world M82 anti-material rifle or an XCOM sniper rifle.

That being said, it certainly looks like an excellent base weapon but without a size comparison it's hard to tell.

Agreed. I have been debating on getting one of these to mod myself so I am curious as to what you will come up with!

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!