Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dc 15a help

• 2 Replies
Dc 15a help
« on: Nov 23, 2019, 06:15 AM »
Hi  👋 I’m new to the mercs and I need some advice on my dc 15a rifle.
I made it out of Eva foam but only the beginning of it stock etc, then I saw that Eva is not an acceptable material which is ok 👍 but I saw sintra is ok.
My plan is to cover the start of my weapon in the sintra plates so it would then have a foam skeleton but have a sintra shell. I have done this sort of thing before in the past with a dc 17 and it worked quite well.
The rest of the weapon would be a combination of wood/PVC/sintra would this be ok 👍.
I asked this to another forum and they said it should be ok but to clarify it with this foam.
Thanks for reading 🙂 

Druj Jes

• Heavy Weapons,Heavy Assault,Hazardous Environment
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. EnviroOps Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Dc 15a help
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2019, 07:33 AM »
So long as the EVA is totally covered then it is just a  "support" material not your building material.  I have seen the same said for helmets they can be formed in foam then fiberglass covered and the final helmet is deemed a fiberglass helmet with a foam liner.  Make sense?

Druj Jes - M.M.C.C. #2302 - B.O.M.B. #105 - M.V.S. #105

Re: Dc 15a help
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2019, 08:22 AM »
 :like: That’s a big help thank you for the clarification I’ll get on with the rest of it today  :D thank you

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!