Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

80/20 rule for armour idea

• 1 Replies
80/20 rule for armour idea
« on: May 21, 2020, 11:07 PM »
I'm looking at doing a mando who was a clone commando who goes back to his roots and becomes a mandalorian. I will keep the helmet mando (add some macro binoculars) chest will be the same and gauntlets. I want to do my own style shoulder. But also have bicep peices, and thigh peices with enclosed shin/leg peices to make him a bit bulkier. Maybe add a clone belt and/or the commando backpack. But i feel this is a little to much away from the mando.

I know its 80% mando and 20% anything else. Im curious as to if this all can apply since some parts don't  have to be mando like in the crl for the shoulders it says "does not have to be fett style" and it hardly touches on thighs.

Sorry this is alot. But i need to know before i start on construction. Don't want to make it to not be able to use it

Thabkyou

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: 80/20 rule for armour idea
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 01:26 PM »
80/20 applies to the whole suit, including the pieces that aren't required to be a specific shape.  The non-specific pieces can be any shape, but if more than 20% is clearly from another source, it won't pass.

If you made the same coverage as a commando, but in custom-designed pieces or pieces that only nod toward a commando style, then it would be okay.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!